276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Revelation (The Shardlake series, 4)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Kanter, Jake (8 January 2023). "Disney+ Lines Up Series Adaptation Of CJ Sansom's Shardlake Tudor Detective Novels". Deadline Hollywood . Retrieved 4 January 2023. Meanwhile, Shardlake, the Archbishop and the others must ensure nothing interferes with Henry’s pursuit of Catherine Parr. There is some interesting romantic intrigue here. Sansom’s meticulous attention to historical detail and vivid characters make this Tudor mystery as gripping and vital as any modern thriller., The Times

Revelation by C.J. Sansom: Summary and reviews - BookBrowse Revelation by C.J. Sansom: Summary and reviews - BookBrowse

For Shardlake, the sedative angle is a useful lead. He approaches the Assistant Coroner of London who confirms his suspicions and assists with the case. The trail leads them to Westminster Abbey. Physicians with knowledge of sedatives trained and worked here. However, the lead proves a dead end, and time is running out. Shardlake and the others assume that the killer must be extremely cunning, powerful, and skilled, but they are wrong. A dealer possessing it is then murdered en route to Glastonbury several decades later, with the relic being stolen. Guy Malton – a Moor turned Christian monk at a monastery at Sussex; after the dissolution of the monastery he came to London to practice as an apothecary, later as a physician; a target for racial discrimination because of his skin colour All must be kept hidden from the King and the public, as it seems possible that the King’s latest fancy may be a target – Catherine Parr, a recent widow. C. J. Sansom’s novels, set amid the stench and scandal of the 16th century, are impressive both for their intricate detail and serpentine plot twists., Independent Books of the Year

Media Reviews

With this installment in the Matthew Shardlake series, I think I can safely say that CJ Sansom has taken his place as my second favorite modern author (Sharon Kay Penman being my favorite). I have given this book some time to swirl around in my mind since I finished it, and I'm still not sure that I can do it justice. As Shardlake works on the case, he realizes there is a political link, after all. Torn between keeping the king out of the investigations and exploring every possible suspect, Shardlake’s job isn’t easy. No one wants the added pressure of the king scrutinizing their every move, and so, it is Shardlake’s job to ensure the king doesn’t know anything about the murders—and the potential link to Catherine Parr.

Shardlake series - Wikipedia Shardlake series - Wikipedia

Aunque la historia está bien, de hecho creo que incluso la trama principal está más trabajada que alguno de los libros previos, no me ha llegado a enganchar tanto y eso se ha notado a la hora de leerlo. Las secundarias que se entrelazan con la principal, han cumplido sin más y al final aunque el conjunto luce bien y es agradable, le falta un algo que no ha terminado de satisfacerme del todo. Como comentaba seguramente ha sido el momento de leerlo, pero en cualquier caso hay que evaluar a razón de lo leído y disfrutado, y mi disfrute ha sido notable, pero muy lejos del excelente. Not without critical acclaim as well, he’s also managed to garner his fair share of awards over the years too. Winning the 2005 Ellis Peters Historical Dagger for his novel ‘Dark Fire’, he has continued to attract the attention of the critics. His Shardlake series have also been recommended highly as well, winning the ‘Dagger in the Library’ award in 2007. Moving on, he continues to progress as a writer as he hones his craft always adapting and improving. With more books on the horizon he is sure to carry on this success as his audience expands further and further. This looks as if it will carry on from now on into the foreseeable future. Dissolution Matthew Shardlake has been offering his legal services to the lady Elizabeth, Henry's younger daughter. Schoolboy rivalries in the Spanish civil war A review of Winter in Madrid, in Telegraph, 26 February 2006 In his notes at Revelation's end, Sansom made parallels between the religion during this period and some contemporary Christian fundamentalists, who each selectively read the Bible, believe that they're living in the last days before Armageddon, look forward to the violence predicted in the Book of Revelation, and are certain of their rightness. As Coroner Harsnet observed, I never act without praying, and God answers, and then I know that I have taken the right path’ (p. 338).Duffy, Stella (6 November 2004). "A wherry across the Thames: A review of Dark Fire". The Guardian. UK. Tombland by CJ Sansom review – royals and revolting peasants". the Guardian. 28 October 2018 . Retrieved 11 November 2022.

Revelation - Penguin Books UK Shardlake: Revelation - Penguin Books UK

With all hope seemingly lost, Thomas Cromwell—the king's chief minister—adds Shardlake two more weeks to prove the girl’s innocence, but only if he takes up a new assignment.

Dominion

Mechler, Anita (10 February 2022). "CJ Sansom Wins Diamond Dagger Award". Library Journal . Retrieved 19 January 2023.

C. J. Sansom - Wikipedia C. J. Sansom - Wikipedia

The way every killing seems to be planned to show us the killer is cleverer than we are. He presents them to us like trophies.’” Originally published in April, 2003, this was to be the book that began the Matthew Shardlake series. Setting up the environment for this collection of historical mystery novels, it helped establish the tone and the period. In 2012 it also saw a radio dramatization on BBC4, as it was adapted for a well received radio-play. Lamentation - C. J. Sansom - 9781447260257". Archived from the original on 14 September 2014 . Retrieved 14 September 2014. Ramachandran, Naman (31 March 2023). "Disney+ Sets Series Adaptation of C.J. Sansom's 'Shardlake' Murder Mystery Novels". Variety . Retrieved 24 May 2023.Enter Harry Brett: a traumatized veteran of Dunkirk who’s now a hesitant spy for the British Secret Service. England, 1543: King Henry VIII is wooing Lady Catherine Parr, whom he wants for his sixth wife. But this time the object of his affections is resisting. Archbishop Cranmer and the embattled Protestant faction at court are watching keenly, for Lady Catherine is known to have reformist sympathies. CJ Sansom wins with Dark Fire". 2005 CWA Dagger Awards. Archived from the original on 10 August 2007 . Retrieved 10 August 2007.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment