276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Garden Hose Pipe Expandable Garden Hose with 3/4", 1/2" Fittings, Anti-Leakage - Flexible Expanding Hose with 8 Function Spray Nozzle by Homoze (50FT, Green) (Green)

£9.995£19.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Yes, the diameter of your garden hose matters. Hoses with large diameters dispense more water at once than hoses with small diameters. Is a 25-foot hose too short? A flat hose means it will be completely flat when empty and tubular when filled with water, so it’s straightforward to roll up and store. This type goes well for basic watering and sprinkling use. Some of them can also work as soakers. Show more The Expert: I’m a freelance journalist whose work has appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal, National Geographic, BBC, Sierra, Popular Science, and tons of other national and international publications. I’m also a constant DIYer on my mini-homestead in rural Pennsylvania. My expertise on garden hoses developed out of necessity. On my wooded property, the only sunny spot to put a vegetable plot is a considerable distance from my house. That means no easy access to the thing a garden needs most: water. So, I’ve had to get creative, and over the seasons I’ve tried a few different systems and a lot of different hoses. The good news is, my garden now gets all the water it needs, and I can use my insight to help you get the hose that best fits your needs. What to Consider When Buying a Garden Hose To compile this list of the best garden hoses across all different types, we tested 30 garden hoses in our Lab, evaluating them on design, ease of use, durability, and value. For expert advice on what to look for in a garden hose, we turned to Erin Schanen, creator of The Impatient Gardener, as well as Gary McCoy, store manager at Lowe's.

Frequently Asked Questions About Garden Hoses What are the advantages of an expandable garden hose? Coiled hose. If you’re tight on space or just hate fighting with your hose when it’s time to put it away, this type of hose retracts into a neat coil. They usually come in shorter lengths (see below for more info) so are suitable for watering small areas. Flexibility. The more flexible a hose, the easier it is to coil and uncoil. But if a hose is too flexible, it will kink easily, which can cause it to split and deteriorate faster.Water early or late in the day when it’s cool outside. Using your garden hose during the heat of the day causes some of the water to evaporate, resulting in wasted water and a higher water bill. If you or your animals drink water from the hose, if you fill kids’ swimming pools, or if you connect to an RV, you’ll want to get a hose approved by the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF). Ordinary, or unapproved, hoses can leach lead, BPA, or phthalates into the water as it passes through them. Fittings

All-purpose hose. An all-around basic hose for watering and cleaning is available in different sizes and materials, and may be lightweight or heavy-duty. Overall, out of the expandable hoses we tested, this hose had the best flow rate. It’s lightweight design makes it easy to use, but we also found the fittings to be crush resistant. I’d recommend this hose for those of you looking for a 50 foot expandable hose. The two most common types of hose material are vinyl and rubber. Vinyl tends to have a bad reputation because there are cheap options that are thin and prone to kinking.Like many manufacturers, Gilmour claims the hose is kink resistant and able to unkink itself. We were able to kink the AquaArmor hose in use, dragging it out from a coil, but we discovered that if pulled taught, kinks would “pop” out. So, if pulled to half-length, kinks could occur and inhibit water flow, but reaching full length, under tension, they disappear. The hose has internal kink protection at both ends to prevent collapse when pulled tight at an angle. This is a lightweight hose that is flexible and kink resistant. It is perfect for those of you looking for a lightweight, very easy-to-use hose to use around the house for simple tasks. This Tuff Guard hose weighed 6.71 pounds which made it the lightest 50 foot standard design hose we tested. You’ll also want the fittings/connectors to be made of brass so they won’t get rusted. Ensure them are fitting enough so that water won’t leak. Overall, this hose had the best combination of weight, flow rate, crush resistance, and ease of use. I feel confident recommending it as a multi-purpose hose that can fill a wide range of needs, both for homeowners, and for commercial use.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment