276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Eurotrash: The Series [DVD]

£42.495£84.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Combining cutting-edge design, illustration and journalism, we’ve been described as being “at the vanguard of the independent publishing movement. They bestowed fame on so many of their guests –who can forget Yvette Horner and her accordion, Pipi and Popo (cardboard giraffes) and the tragic Lola Ferrari. Among the most bizarre in the show’s history is its tongue-in-cheek appraisal of recently deceased Nouvelle Vague luminary Jean-Luc Godard, whose 1987 adaptation of ‘King Lear’ is described by turns as “jumbled garbage” and “a masterpiece of artistic masturbation”.

It’s honestly like the subtitling was done by a bot, the kind of quality you might expect from Youtube live captions. It was shown in the UK from 1993 to 2004 and (according to Wikipedia) pulled in a huge 2 -3 million viewers per episode. To put it more simply, it’s a 30-minute magazine-format programme covering all manner of alternative and surreal topics. I always will be sad about Lolo Ferrari, she died so young, I know she was there to be sexy, I always felt a bit of sadness about her. This follows a black-and-white skit, knowingly framed as an idiot’s guide to JLG, in which Eurotrash host Antoine de Caunes goes full Belmondo.It fails not just as a zombie film and a horror film but quite possibly as any type of film altogether. Hosted by everyone's favourite Gallic charmers, Antoine de Caunes and Jean-Paul Gaultier, Eurotrash reigned supreme for over a decade and still sends a shiver down the spines of prudes and people of a nervous disposition to this day! Zombie Lake (1981) Zombie Lake is a film that is so inept, an old forum I used to visit had it as their pet bad movie - they thought it was the epitome of crapness.

Anyone remember Lars von Trier tobogganing down his back garden in Copenhagen, or a freshly permed Pedro Almodóvar chewing over his 1993 film Kika on a lipstick-red sofa? The crazy characters definitely made it, who can forget Eddy Wally, Eva and Adele, all a little surreal, but definitely entertaining.Over 16 seasons and 150+ episodes, it introduced viewers to all manner of strange and bizarre European bands, artists, celebrities and sub-cultures that were most definitely not anything you’d find on the BBC! He’d be reading Proust backstage but as soon as the red camera light came on, he’d turn into a comedy Frenchman: “’Ello my British chums! The maker of the film throws tons of gratuitous nudity at us to try and make us forget its diabolical nature. When Rapido came to an end after a few seasons, producer Peter Stuart and I were asked to pitch a weekly magazine show.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment