276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Busy Day for Birds

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

My class consists of 1.5 to 3 year olds, so one of my biggest creative challenges is to come up with art and craft ideas that keep this age group engaged. More importantly, the skill level of the activity mustn’t frustrate the child. As well as acting out each scene, there is the chance to sit with your child and teach they about the different types of birds there are. From starlings to parrots, penguins to owls, this book is not only fun, but could be educational too. Coffee house Caffè Nero has announced the 16-strong shortlist for the inaugural Nero Book Awards, recognising the outstanding books of the past 12... Circle time is a fun way to bring out some popular rhymes, new rhymes and new twists to old favorites. Here are a few “bird” themed songs you can sing with your child –

Definitely recommended for a fun, silly read with some pretty birds and hilarious noises to impress your children with. The winners of the Diverse Book Awards 2023 have been announced, with one winner from each of the four categories announced: Picture book, Children... Sensory bins are great ways to spike a child’s curiosity and imagination. Additionally, it provides unlimited opportunities of texture play that is known to build nerve connections that trigger a child’s inclination and ability to pursue complex learning. Language development, motor skills, social skills, problem solving, all get honed with sensory play.

Want to save more time

This few steps may require some help from an adult – take the other ball and place the googly eyes to make a face. Once the paint dries off, help your child squeeze out some glue on the plate. Make sure it’s well spread out. Storytime Saturday a weekly blog feature showcasing any new books we’ve been reading with Erin, reviewing picture books and talking about our monthly library haul! Basically, Storytime Saturday is all about books! This week we’re talking about A Busy Day for Birds by Lucy Cousins. It was published by Walker Books on 2nd February 2017.

Released about two years ago, A Busy Day for Birds is among my favorite books by Lucy Cousins (The other one being “Hooray for Fish!”). This is a perfect read-aloud book, considering its large print, vibrant illustrations and rhyming text. I found myself staring at whitewashed bookshelves': Ruby Lovell on the importance of diverse reading I certainly can visualise all the little kids copying the birds, wanting to be just like them. For this reason I doubt it would be any good as a bedtime story as the actions would get the child excited, but during the day I can just see them having so much fun. I can also picture a teacher reading this book to a class and all his/her students acting like birds too.

Genre

Or, explore a range of different birds with these English Garden Birds Display Cut-Outs. Children could even see how many birds they can spot out their own window, or from their local park, as part of an exciting homework task. Alternately, you could go on a nature walk from school to see what birds you can spot. Author Anna Kemp introduces The Hollow Hills, the sequel to her dark magical tale, Into Goblyn Wood. Birds are funny creatures and there are many different kinds and a lot of them act very differently. A Busy Day for Birds is all about the different kinds of birds and certain things that different species do!

Every once in a while we include some games in class. This time, I made six different bird actions and inserted them into my foam die. Here are some actions you can encourage your child to do at home – Bestselling author Alexandra Christo, author of TikTok sensation To Kill a Kingdom, introduces her new book, The Night Hunt (Hot Key Books), a dark... Although this book can get kids involved in acting out bird actions, it also makes for plain fun reading and I know that the rhymes and colourful pictures would have made me want to read this over again and again when I was younger. It’s a great book and lots of fun and one I’d recommend.

Follow us

Dapo Adeola, Tracy Darnton, Joseph Coelho and Chitra Soundar are among the 19 authors and illustrators longlisted for the Inclusive Books for Child...

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment