276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Last Tang Standing: The most hilarious, feel-good debut romcom you’ll read all year!

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

So, I realized that despite her outward successes her inner turmoil made her an underdog and I started to root for her. Malaysian born-and-raised Andrea Tang is a successful lawyer and has broken up with a boyfriend who had been tagged as an approved can-be-a-husband by the Asian family. Meanwhile, Suresh keeps pushing Andrea to talk about their attraction, but he doesn’t end his engagement. But all of a sudden, the main character's viscious competitive nature, constant drunkenness, and stupid life choices made her dry wit and sarcasm fall flat. Andrea Tang is in her early 30s living the dream; she is working her way towards partner in the law firm she works for, has an amazing condo (that she owns) and knows where all the best restaurants and clubs are located in Singapore thanks to great friends.

She describes herself as the “working poor,” while owning a flat filled with designer accessories in one of the most expensive cities on earth. LAST TANG STANDING is a hilarious transcontinental romp filled with characters that crackle off the page. A lush portrayal of Singapore life filled with vibrant characters and a lovable leading lady readers will root for. The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products.

I obviously didn’t read much, and it’s entirely possible Andrea comes to realise so much stuff/people isn't/aren't okay, but.

After all, we’ve survived dial-up internet, ’90 s television, and the days when shoulder pads were acceptable. Last Tang Standing is a fun, funny, addictive adventure starring a loveable heroine with impeccable taste in handbags (if not men). Wouldn’t she rather spend her golden years discovering exciting new prescription drugs or the cerebral delights of reality TV? And if she’s about to become the lone unmarried member of her generation in the Tang clan–a disappointment her meddling Chinese-Malaysian family won’t let her forget–well, she doesn’t need a man to complete her.

Hailing from Malaysia, she is currently based in Singapore, where she’s ostensibly working on her next novel while attempting to parent. gawd, I’m not sure what this was, then I think you’re actually saying a lot more about the state of your book than you were probably intending.

Beyond that, there were some unforgivable bits that sucked away all the enjoyment that I had for this. Other than that, it was an okay time - Crazy Rich Asians, Bridget Jones's Diary plus Sex and the City all in one package.Glad I persevered as a little romance was comforting and put the protagonist in situations that were more comical and light hearted.

The hilarious scenes will have you laughing out loud, and turning those pages - I found it hard to put down. Andrea even makes comments and looks down on Indian, Indonesian, Malaysian, and other minority women along with her family but pursues wealthy men of those ethnicities—using them for personal gain and status. I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway (Kindle version) and I thank the publishing company and the author for a chance to read and review this delightful book. Too bad Suresh Aditparan, her office rival and the last man her family would approve of, keeps throwing a wrench in her plans. Ultimately, Andrea’s story narrows to whether she should try for Suresh or stick with Eric, and whether being a partner at her firm would make her happy either way.She’s also self-loathing, and engages in the kind of casual fat shaming that would be right at home in Bridget Jones’s Diary. However, I am not suggesting that Andrea was given an artificially perfect and well-rounded personality. Andrea was funny and brash and the romance in this is a mixture of hate to love and the definition of slowwww burn.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment