276°
Posted 20 hours ago

On Days Like These: The Incredible Autobiography of a Football Legend

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I knew a lot of his later premier league managerial career so it was great to listen to the stories from his playing days and early managerial career. Luminous, elegant, haunting - I read it straight through' Philippe Sands, author of East West Street.

In this five-part series, US happiness expert and positive psychologist Michelle Gielan and British journalist and author Oliver Burkeman explore ways to become truly happier, backed up by scientific evidence. Written with his trademark honesty and humour, On Days Like These is one of the most insightful and captivating autobiographies and a must-read for any fans of the beautiful game. O'Neill represented Northern Ireland over sixty times, playing alongside George Best and captaining the side at the 1982 World Cup, where they reached the quarter-finals.They make them at the dinner table, or in a meeting room, where personal history, your own unique view of the world, ego, pride, marketing, and odd incentives are scrambled together. Yes he has achieved alot in both playing and management and yes I learnt alot of facts I was unaware of but it was written in such a limp and unexciting way.

No previous biographer has experienced even a tiny taste of the polar hell on earth endured by Shackleton and his men. O'Neill has managed Grantham Town, Wycombe Wanderers, Norwich City, Leicester City, Celtic, Aston Villa and Sunderland.Martin O'Neill started his career in Northern Ireland, but moved to England where he spent most of his playing career with Nottingham Forest, with whom he won the European Cup twice, in 1979 and 1980.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment