276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Blagdon Clear Pond Water Treatment, 1 Litre, Clears Dirty Green or Brown Cloudy Water Quickly, Natural, Wildlife Safe, Harmless to Fish and Filter Bacteria, 1L, Treats 20,000 Litres of Water

£12.745£25.49Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Using an ultra fine media material is a useful way of removing very small particles from the water without the need for water changes or chemical treatments. The material is designed with very small porosity so can trap even the finest of free-swimming debris, and will also work to absorb a large amount of tannin which causes brown water problems. The other problem is often gunk or debris or sludge on the bottom of the pond. If you want a sparkling, clean pond, I know this can seem like a problem. Personally, I’ve got so many fish and frogs living in my ponds that I no longer fret about this stuff: it provides necessary habitat for them so I’ve allowed the ponds to naturalize. I’m sure it’s too late now, but for a future pond: never build a pond under trees that shed leaves. Avoid placing a pond in hot, direct, full sun because that promotes algae growth. Barley is a widely used cereal grain found in many commercial food products across the world, as well as being a major component of many popular beer beverages. Surprisingly, barley straw has also been used for centuries as a natural algae deterrent in fresh bodies of water, including wells, lakes, and ponds.

Place decaying plant material on the side of the pond, so any smaller creatures hiding in it can return to the pond later Emergent plants grow above the waterline, with their roots reaching down into the water. These plants provide shelter and breeding areas for fish and other aquatic life. They can also help to remove excess nutrients from the water.Please note: The optimal water temperature for EcoSure® Pond Clear Aqua Plus to work is between 10 & 13°C. In colder temperatures it will continue to work although it may take longer for visible effect.

Regular maintenance is essential for keeping your plants healthy and your pond clean. Make sure to remove any dead or dying foliage, as this can contribute to excess nutrients in the water. If your plants start to take over your pond, consider thinning them out or removing some of them. Harvesting In this guide, I’ll give you all the details of how to clear pond water, and keep it clear safely, without harming your fish or plants! Help! What’s Growing In My Small Garden Pond? If you’re strapped for cash and the sound of purchasing a test kit, pond vacuum, and pond clarifier sends your head in a spin, chemicals may be a better option for you. Chemical pond cleaners can do the same job at a fraction of the price. Let’s pinpoint exactly what’s wrong with your pond. Then, we’ll give you heaps of guidance on how to make pond water clear. Why Do I Have Murky Pond Water?It uses ultraviolet light to destroy algae below the surface of your pond. Just mount it to your pond, and it’ll do the hard work for you! Chemical Method However, under certain conditions beneficial bacteria may not be able to keep up with a ponds waste production, or there may simply be not enough bacteria present to begin with – such as with new ponds. When this happens, harmful substances will begin to rise alongside debris, waste, and pond sludge which can causes issues with both water quality and clarity over time. If you have floating or emergent plants, you can harvest them for use in your compost or as a natural fertilizer for your garden. Make sure to only harvest a portion of the plant to ensure that it continues to thrive and provide benefits to your pond. Other Natural Ways to Keep Pond Water Clean

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment