276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Reolink 4K PTZ PoE Home Security Camera Outdoor with Spotlights, Person/Vehicle/Pet Detection, 5X Optical Zoom, 360° Pan 90° Tilt Color Night Vision, Auto Tracking, Two-Way Audio, RLC-823A

£129.995£259.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Users can view live footage, control the pan and tilt features, and set up person and vehicle detection. I am an Android guy so I only have experience with the Android version of its mobile app. I found the app to be easy to use and can’t recall any notable issues in the couple of years I have been using it. All settings are done through the app and easy to figure out. Remote access just works. I didn’t have to do anything special like open ports to make it work. Both the Windows and Android app provides a user-friendly interface for controlling the pan and tilt features and person and vehicle detection. Blue Iris / NVR Integration

Speaking of getting up on a ladder, many outdoor cameras nowadays are wireless. This seems convenient at first glance, and makes initial installation a breeze. However, a wireless camera will need to be taken down and charged periodically. This camera, on the other hand is powered by Power over Ethernet (PoE). With PoE power, voltage is transferred directly via an Ethernet cable to your camera. The good news is that you won’t have to charge any batteries. That said, you’ll need to run a physical wire from your camera to your router. And if your router isn’t PoE-capable, you’ll need to buy a PoE injector. In all, the PoE connection has a range of 330 feet, long enough for most applications. If I rotate the camera to focus down my garden path, it is perhaps a bit too dark to have the IR off. But again, with it on, there is some reflection. IR On IR Off Do not place the camera in a shaded area and point it towards a well-lit area. Or, it may result in poor image performance. For better image quality, please make sure that the lighting condition for both the camera and the captured object is the same. The unboxing of the RLC-823A 16X reveals the camera, warranty and, waterproof lid installation guides, and several accessories and parts for installation. The housing and camera are tough enough to withstand most outdoor conditions. The whole unit has a weather-resistance rating of IP66. The first 6 indicates the maximum possible level of dust resistance. Even ultra-fine particles won’t get inside the housing and damage the internal components. The second 6 indicates that the camera can withstand a steady stream of water. That’s far more water resistance than is required simply to stand up to rain. In fact, you can safely hose the RLC-823A down when it needs to be cleaned. There’s no need to get up on a ladder and delicately wash it down.

Siren

No subscription fee: The 823A camera can be a great choice for DIY surveillance. You’ll only pay for the actual device, with no strings attached. Additionally, the Reolink RLC-823A supports mobile operating systems such as Android and iOS, enabling users to conveniently access the camera's live feed and recordings using their smartphones or tablets. With a pan speed of 150° per second, this camera allows for swift and efficient monitoring across a wide range of angles. If you opt for 24/7 recording, connect the camera to Reolink NVR. The 823A can work with or without an NVR. You may also store the footage on an FTP server, but this option requires some technical know-how. Reolink RLC-823A Specifications Model If you are using a drill, I would still recommend a right angle attachment to make it easier to screw things in. They definitely made it a whole lot easier, but without that I probably would have struggled for another 5 minutes or stripped the screws.

Do not point the camera towards a glass window. Or, it may result in poor image performance due to the window glare from infrared LEDs, ambient lights or status lights. The RLC-823A 16X is more suitable for rural areas with more open land, while the RLC-823A is recommended for suburban or urban areas where a larger field of view and spotlight are more important. The 823A is IP66 certified weatherproof and can operate in any location with a temperature between 14° and 131° Fahrenheit and 20% to 80% humidity. FeaturesUnlike most of the recent Reolink cameras, this doesn’t switch to colour night vision when. I assume this is because the illumination wouldn’t be adequate enough for colour footage with such a high zoom. I chose not to install a microSD card at first, as I planned to use the Reolink NVR. However, within the NVR, not all the functionality is available like the other cameras. For example, the NVR doesn’t seem to tag the motion detection as human or vehicles. So first off, out of the box we have the warranty and waterproof lid installation guides, after lifting out the first section of styrofoam, we find several accessories and parts for installation inside the open hole (facing up looking into the box).

Setting up the RLC-823A 16X is straightforward; you can use the Reolink app, but with this sample, I used the Reolink Windows application. The app automatically recognised the camera on my network, and I just had to initialise it.Overall, I would highly recommend the 823a or 823a 16x depending on your living situation. If you are in the suburbs or urban areas, I would recommend the 823a as you probably need the bigger FOV and spotlight. If you live in a rural area, I would recommend the 823a 16x as it would probably have far more uses on more open land. The FOV alone is kind of big deal with how much it is reduced in the new camera. Thankfully with the floodlight Reolink is releasing, I can at least make up for the colored night mode issue, but I’m hoping that there may be a firmware update to fix the FOV, but if this is standard, at least everyone will know what to expect. Advanced recording capabilities: The Reolink 823A can be set to record 24/7 or only when motion is detected. Choose the first option for high-traffic areas and the second option for low-risk areas around your home or office. The camera also supports scheduled recording. In addition to that, you also get a 5x optical zoom. This is superior to a cheap “digital zoom,” which doesn’t actually show you any extra detail. With an optical zoom, the lens is doing the zooming, not the photo receptors. You’re getting added detail, which is the entire point of zooming in in the first place.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment