276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Reluctant Wife

£5£10.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Remember that day that I received those flowers? Well, that night Alex came to visit me and well, things got out of hand. The last thing on my mind at the moment was birth control. What am I going to do?"

But how? When?" Jill was so confused and yet, so happy for her friend. "Maybe now Charlotte can find what she has been searching for," Jill thought to herself quietly. I asked my husband if he thought that we would ever move away from my hometown. He said no. I asked him if it’s because I’ve never been known to thrive away. I’m not in love with my hometown, there are lots of places I would rather live, but despite my best efforts the comfort of sameness draw me near.

Charlie felt she did the right thing. He was after all the father. He deserved to at least have a chance for his child. He would make a good father, she thought. He just had to get his priorities straight. She never asked him to give up his ranch, his livelihood. All she ever wanted was to a part of his life, to have a little attention. Alex, I said I can't. Will you just go? I will call you tomorrow." Why wasn't he taking the hint? She had work to do. Just then one of the glasses spilled over everything on her desk. All of her documents that she had spent all night working on. Sameness. It seems to be a running theme in my mental health. Being a wife was not the same. I was nearly 30 when I married. I had plenty of time to establish a lovely sameness in my adulthood. All of a sudden I had a new last name, oddin-laws, and this guy sleeping in my bed.

I sent them because I thought you deserved them. I am here because I want you and you want me too. I know it." I can't believe it," Charlotte had thought to herself as she got her mail that Friday. She took out the brown envelope and looked through the papers. Everything was signed and counted for. Finally, she thought, things are coming to an end.

I Thought Our Friendship Would Be Unbreakable

Not to Alex. It sounded like a miracle. This was the first time for him. He wanted to cry. This was his baby. It was their miracle, his and Charlotte's. The doctor noticed the tension in the room. "Let me excuse myself. Charlotte, I will see you in one month." He got her sweater and walked her out to her car. "I want to see you again," he said looking at her with that one look, that look that spoke of desire. Neither of them can deny the attraction they have to each other, but that hasn't changed since they met. One of the things that I really liked about this book was that both of them were at fault. Both of them lied. Both of them covered up things. Both of them came to their senses. I also loved that it was hot. She looked at Alex with great concern. Her staying here was hard for them both. "I would appreciate it if you took me home tomorrow. I have been here long enough." Now she must go to Dante and beg for his help – her grandmother needs an operation and has been placed on a public waiting list. As a private patient, she could be seen right away and have the surgery done by a top surgeon but that sort of thing would cost money – money that Abby does not have. She’s forced to swallow her pride and go to her husband and beg him for help, knowing that he has more than enough money to help her out.

Mid-way through the book Abby tells Dante that they both needed to grow up. They did, and they were able to relate to one another as adults. There is a happy ending in the epilogue.

I Can’t Be Everyone’s Chick-fil-A Sauce

I'm just tired of doing it all myself. I know I'm only thirty but my body is telling me I am too old. Besides, you told me I could attend to your doctor's appointments. So I need someone there to look after things."

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment