276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mind Over Mood: Change How You Feel by Changing the Way You Think

£11.495£22.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Next, rate how much you believe each new thought, on a scale from 0% to 100%. Often, how much you believe your alternative/balanced thoughts is related to how much your moods have changed in the next step. To get personal: I have noticed some lasting differences. I’m not free of depression / bipolar, but I used to be more self-conscious and now I’m not as harsh on myself. For that I’m grateful. See also the Spanish-language edition: El control de tu estado de ánimo, Segunda edición. Plus, mental health professionals, see also The Clinician's Guide to CBT Using Mind Over Mood, Second Edition. It) teaches you strategies, methods, and skills that have been shown to be helpful with mood problems such as depression, anxiety, anger, panic, jealousy, guilt, and shame.’

I won’t lie and tell you the thought record is an easy or fun tool to learn. I once did a thought record in which my stressful situation in Step 1 was filling out a thought record! Changing your thinking is a process that takes time, awareness, and energy. But the payoff for your hard work is profound – you can actually restructure the way your mind works (in fact, in CBT the process of changing your habitual ways of thinking is called cognitive restructuring). Over time you’ll automatically think in more balanced ways and have less extreme moods. Your usual hot thoughts either won’t arise, or you’ll dismiss or dispute them as soon as they rear their head.Cited as “The Most Influential Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy Publication” by the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies. Find this book The end result of a thought record is a more balanced view. However, in my experience, the process of completing one can be just as beneficial as the end result. When you complete a thought record, you turn your attention inward and notice your thoughts and feelings. We are often so out of touch with ourselves that we have no idea what we’re really thinking or feeling. The process helps you slow down and identify what’s going on. When you bring such awareness to your internal experience, there’s often a spontaneous shift in how you feel. Steps to Completing a Thought Record Dr. Christine Padesky is a clinical psychologist and co-founder of the Center for Cognitive Therapy in Huntington Beach, California, and co-creator of Strengths-Based CBT. General description Discover simple yet powerful steps you can take to overcome emotional distress—and feel happier, calmer, and more confident. Winner (Second Place)— American Journal of Nursing Book of the Year Award, Consumer Health Category

There's the book and then there's the approach. The approach is explained well, the book doesn't distract from that. Some repetition, but that's important too. For me, this is a good starting point. I'll definitely try to photocopy the sheets so I have many on hand. The Reviewers on Goodreads seem to be either users of the book or perscribers of the book. I was hoping for some more meaty theoretical info, but apparently cognitive therapy is as straightforward as can be. Revised and expanded to reflect significant scientific developments of the past 20 years, the second edition contains numerous new features: expanded content on anxiety; chapters on setting personal goals and maintaining progress; happiness rating scales; gratitude journals; innovative exercises focused on mindfulness, acceptance, and forgiveness; 25 new worksheets; and much more. There are 7 steps to completing the Mind Over Mood thought record. I’ll give you an overview, though this isn’t meant as a comprehensive guide. The workbook walks you through the process in more detail. The book includes worksheets and practical exercises to recognise and alter negative thought processes. Some of the ‘behavioural experiments’ may seem repetitive and cumbersome, so an ‘approach with perseverance’ attitude is worth adopting. Over a million people have used Mind Over Mood to alleviate--and in many cases eliminate--the suffering caused by depression and other psychological problems. Drs. Greenberger and Padesky are brilliant therapists whose thoroughly updated second edition is informed by the latest research and therapeutic innovations. Science has demonstrated incontrovertibly that changing the way we think about emotional situations is among the most powerful ways to change emotions themselves. Everyone struggling with challenging moods or emotions should read this book."--David H. Barlow, PhD, ABPP, coauthor of 10 Steps to Mastering Stress

Save 20%:

One exercise involves writing out new behaviours linked to the individual’s new core belief based on what the book has taught them so far. For the indifferent user this could seem quite the task, if not a waste of time, but there are gains to be had with some persistence and patience. At best, this book is an engaging journey in reflection and active problem-solving leading to a better health outcome. At worst, it is a mere distraction. Realistically, it probably lies somewhere in between, but in any case it is likely to be a constructive use of time for the depressed or anxious patient — time that may otherwise have been spent in rumination. Readers who want to learn skills for balancing their thoughts, having less extreme emotional reactions, lowering their anxiety and experiencing happier moods would likely enjoy Mind Over Mood. Who would not enjoy this book?

Evidence that Does Not Support the Hot Thought: Now take off your defense lawyer hat and put on your prosecutor hat. It’s time for some cross-examination. Your hot thought likely has some holes in its story, and your job now is to find them. This step tends to be harder. Your evidence against I’m always screwing up might look something like this:

Celebrate small improvements.If a thought record has worked, your moods will change in Step 7. However, there may not be a drastic change. You may go from, say, 100% to 70% on a mood – but that can be a big breakthrough. Remember, the goal isn’t to eliminate emotions altogether; it’s to gain a balanced perspective in which your emotions are proportional to the reality of the situation. Be proud of whatever progress you make. Once you have your list of thoughts, identify the hot thought. The hot thought is the one with the most “juice” or “charge,” the one most strongly linked to your mood. Circle the hot thought. This is the “defendant” you are going to put on trial. Winner (Second Place)--American Journal of Nursing Book of the Year Award, Consumer Health Category I have used Mind Over Mood in my clinical work with patients for 20 years and have found that the second edition is even more helpful than the first. It is a great book for adults and not such a great book for kids, as it is not written at their level, and as the clinical vignettes are about adults with adult problems. Mind Over Mood is an amazing resource that any adult could benefit from reading and practicing the exercises it contains. The worksheets in the book can be a helpful resource to work on with a therapist trained in CBT, especially because it can be hard for people to effectively complete a thought record on their own.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment