276°
Posted 20 hours ago

GunTuff Pellet Sizer .177 & .22 [4.50 4.51 4.52 4.53 5.50 5.51 5.52 5.53]

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you live in a state or city where air guns are treated as firearms you may be able to take advantage of our FFL special program. Yes of course there is a very very good reason you should test different pellet sizes of the type your given gun likes, but head sizing seams like a waist of time as far as I’m concerned. Lubrication can improve the consistency of shot-to-shot velocity and accuracy and reduce fouling in the barrel, which keeps the airgun’s accuracy for longer and helps eliminate point-of-impact shift. I haven't done near as much testing as I would like yet but wanted to share what little testing Ive done. The undisputed kind of domed pellets, the Air Arms pellets are supposedly carefully selected to to provide excellent shot to shot consistency, and even looking at the pellets in the tin, they look very uniform and free from imperfections on the surface.

All target airguns and most high-quality adult airguns have choked muzzles that squeeze the pellet by one-half of a thousandth of an inch at the muzzle. From my experience shooting air rifles there area few kinds of pellet that stand above the rest in terms of performance, power and quality of manufacture. The sizer will also correct triangular or out of round pellets to quite a good degree, and will also show up any pellets that are over or undersized from the tin.Look at this picture, I put on the stickers to correspond with the hole size - this is not what was stamped on them, but you can clearly see this is the correct sizing from smallest to largest.

I think I may be incorrect in my thinking on making a barrel insert as it will size the pellet smaller than the rest of the barrel and have leakage. Our pellet sizer has an adjustable stop that goes through the centre of thesizerbody, the sizer has a tapered bore. Lead pellets are usually soft, so they can deform easily and re-uniforming each one can prove beneficial to consistent velocities and accuracy. This provides a greater pressure behind the pellet forcing it out at greater speed and therefore improving accuracy.I’m pretty sure there are some used ones available, if you watch the classified ads on American Airguns web site. With that one test I've found the tin of JSB Monsters have such a tight weight and head size tolerance that I don't even bother to sort anymore. All other designated trademarks, copyrights, and brands are the property of their respective owners.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment