276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Estee Lauder Cinnabar Eau de Parfum - 50 ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Cinnabar is a fragrance that fulfills every woman's yearning for the exotic and mysterious," said Mrs. Cinnabar might have cribbed some tricks from Auntie Youth Dew, but it should have studied history more closely. Our virtual similar perfume finder makes it easy to narrow the selection of fragrances to try across a range of best matches. A heady and strong opening of spices, peach,bergmot and Orange blossom into a floral heart of rose,lily,jasmine, ylang-ylang and cinnamon,can reveal some of its alluring potential. Cinnabar, from 1978, does manage to float a light peachy, plum, clove, cinnamon cloud over its solid amber, patchouli, vanilla base that differentiates it from the more linear Youth Dew.

Estée Lauder Cinnabar Eau de Parfum (50ml) - idealo Estée Lauder Cinnabar Eau de Parfum (50ml) - idealo

The aforementioned tolu balsam is accompanied by incense, benzoin, sandalwood, and accents of patchouli and vetiver.

It is said that Estée Lauder launched this one to coincide with Yves Saint - Laurent Opium released within months of each other. So, yes, there is this tolu that is so prominently featured, flanked by all matters of spice and flowers, but it stands out the most to my nose and is sheer pleasure. At the time they were all the rage, however these days they've fallen out of fashion and tend to get labelled as 'old lady' scents. It no longer reminds me of my boss, which is good, but, I don't know if I smell Cinnabar differently now (it is nearly 30 years since I've smelled it), or if it has been reformulated (or both), but I'm afraid it now reminds me of an overly sweet, sickly, and cloying synthetic mixture of Youth Dew and Chanel's Coromandel (I don't dislike Youth Dew, but for me, Coromandel is one of the most horrendous fragrances ever created).

Perfume Reviews and Online Perfumes and Colognes Magazine, Perfume Reviews and Online

We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. Some mystic exotic/boozy/fruity piquancy is in the air with its charge of almost incensey-mouldy vintage (backstage kind of) background and the deliciously stuffy feel is exuded by a wonderful bergamot/aldehydes/honey/mellow fruits/patchouli/spices-interaction.If you wore this on a secret tryst, it wouldn't be a secret very long, as it also clings to the clothes of people near you.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment