276°
Posted 20 hours ago

ELEGOO Mars 4 Resin 3d Printer with 7 inch 9K LCD Desktop Grade Home High Precision 3d Printing Size of 153.36x77.76x175 mm³ Custom Model DIY

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Large Build Volume】The 153.36x77.76x175 mm³/6.04x3.06x6.89 inch build volume provides you with enough space for daily creations without sacrificing printing accuracy. I had this printer for a couple of weeks and it worked all fine. (even tho the Chitubox settings in the slicer arent correct) Elegoo's Mars 3 Pro utilizes a 4K HD LCD Screen with its powerful COB light source with fresnel lens to render fantastic features in your models for consistently outstanding results. Although Mars 3 was very well-liked when it was first released, we’re not sure if it has been able to stand the test of time. Competitors have since then released better, and more advanced alternatives compared to the Mars 3. Perhaps that is one reason why Elegoo felt it important to release an improved version – the Mars 3 Pro.

With its Mars 3, a compact form factor MSLA/Resin 3D printer from Elegoo that was inexpensive, simple to operate, and produced prints of such exceptional quality that they appeared almost magical, the company had a significant impact on the recreational 3D printing scene. Elegoo advertises the Mars 3 Pro as using a “PFA Release Film”, which has been designed to reduce the amount of adhesion between the part during printing and the film. Interestingly enough, I noticed that the Mars 3 Pro produced much less noise during lift moves than the original Mars 3, possibly due to this reduced adhesion. After slicing the model and preparing it for 3D printing, I transferred the model to the Mars 3 Pro using the included USB thumb drive. The model was printed with Elegoo Standard Photopolymer resin, a low-cost resin that shows a great deal of contrast and highlights even the finest details on printed models. Resin poured into the vat Because the build plate was not perfectly level, a few minis got distorted. It caused a thin film of resin to form around some minis. I printed this batch after I thought I had fixed the issue, but I had not. The Elegoo Mars 3 Pro ships with a copy of the popular slicer app Chitubox loaded on the USB drive, but the Mars 3 Pro is also compatible with Lychee Slicer and other slicer apps. Chitubox is an easy-to-use app that is capable of hollowing a model, generating support, and adding drain holes to allow any trapped uncured resin to escape. I used Printed Obsession’s Doom Slayer model and oriented it to print with no support material touching the front of the model, and the total print preparation time was under 5 minutes. Printed Obsession’s Doom Slayer model loaded in slicer softwareTo test printing a larger model, I decided to go with a model of the Filleneum Malcon, which is not to be confused with the Millennium Falcon, because the dimensions fit well in this printer and I wanted to see how the details came out. Chitubox has a nice feature that allows you to hollow out the model. It also has a feature to allow you to add drain holes to assist with rinsing out any excess resin from inside. However, for this model I decided to forego the drain holes, so there is likely some uncured resin hiding inside of my print. Made of high quality aluminum alloy, it is non-deformation with good flatness, easy to install and clean, and durable for long-term use. The bust of Thrall has a lot of fine detail in the hair and armor, and the model includes a great deal of texture on the armor. The chipping and weathering that would be present on steel show clearly on the printed model, and you can even see the texture of the leather parts. 3D Printed in Elegoo Standard Resin Rings

When I see images from one-man companies that 3D print and sell the miniatures, it is no surprise I see a lot of Mars 3’s on those images. The combination of price and performance is yet to be beat.After 6000 hours of nonstop printing, it claims just under 5% light degradation, the same configuration as on Mars 3. The first Mars 3 never felt overheated, regardless of the treatment it received. Even during the longest print jobs, the Mars 3 Pro ought to maintain the same level of cooling as the Mars 3. Air Purification How well the settings and exposure have been dialled in for the specific resin, 3D printer and temperature

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment