276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Casio CT-S100 keyboard with 61 standard keys and automatic accompanying

£56.48£112.96Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The keyboard's master tuning setting also only affects the internal sounds and has no affect on the MIDI output or external sound sources connected by MIDI. Changing the setting does send a system exclusive message, however. Complete the short form that accompanies your product. Please ensure that you complete all of the sections, as this will guarantee the timely processing of your return/exchange. When you're on the home screen (tone selection menu), moving the selection wheel will send out Program Change and Bank select values on the MIDI channel specified in the Function menu. This can be used to select different tones or patches on an external sound source, which is convenient. This change of mind return policy is in addition to, and does not affect your rights under the Australian Consumer Law including any rights you may have in respect of faulty items.

The CT-S200's keyboard is not velocity sensitive during normal operation. However, by adjusting the "MIDI Out Velocity" option in the Function menu, you can specify a static velocity value between 0 and 127 to be transmitted from the keyboard to an external sound source. The default setting is a velocity of 64. The Casio Casiotone CT-S100 is a compact and lightweight MIDI keyboard that offers numerous features for music enthusiasts. With 61 full-size keys and a variety of sound options, this keyboard is great for beginners or those who want to experiment with different sounds and music styles.

My Setup Button

This change of mind return policy is in addition to, and does not affect your rights under the Australian Consumer Law including any rights you may have in respect of faulty items. To return faulty items see our Returning Faulty Items policy. However, I do also note that the CTS-S100 model, that doesn't seem to be offered to the US market, has less tones and rhythms (also no LCD screen), and though it has USB connectivity it mentions no option to connect to Chordana play. I wonder if that is the model based on the CTK-2550?

Our nominated carrier is Parcel Force. Deliveries are made Monday – Friday between 9.00am – 6.00pm (excluding Bank Holidays). I am certain that the CT-S100 can still work with Chordana Play for Piano, the omission of any mention of its compatibility is likely to be an error in marketing. The CT-S100 is barely even marketed at all in the US and has scarcely been mentioned in any of the international marketing for the other Casiotone models, which would probably explain why the product info is relatively incomplete right now. One key feature of the Casiotone CT-S100 is its built-in speakers, which deliver high-quality sound without the need for external speakers. Additionally, the keyboard comes with numerous sound effects, rhythms, and accompaniments, making it a versatile tool for music composition and performance.This is what lead me to conclude that the new Casiotones use some iteration of the AHL chipset and samples, even if Casio chose not to mention this in their official marketing. This is not unprecedented in recent history; for example, the CDP-S350 was an AiX board in all but name as confirmed by Mike here on the forums, but Casio HQ in Tokyo chose not to advertise it as an AiX board despite the fact that the new high quality AiX tones have been unilaterally praised by industry critics and consumers alike. The CDP-S350 is more or less a CT-X800 in an 88-key digital piano form factor, but you would never know that unless you poked around here on the forums. Pressing the panel sustain button sends a MIDI CC value for release time; 120 out of 127 when it’s “on” and 64 out of 127 when it’s off. If you’re planning to use it with Local Control off to trigger external sounds, you could use these MIDI CC values to enable and disable modulation effects in your DAW. It would take a custom MIDI filter to accomplish this, however, but most full featured DAWs can handle it no problem. Yes, it is true that the CT-S200, the CT-S300, the LK-S250, and the CTK-2550 all have the same set of 400 tones, 77 Rhythms, 60 preset songs and 10 Reverb effects. Closer inspection of the CT-S200’s manual reveals that the tone lists of the CTK-2550 and the CT-S200 are identical between the two models, even down to the Program Change and bank select values associated with each individual tone (side note, it’s weird that the CTK-2550 even lists the Program Change and Bank select MIDI values of the tones when it has no proper MIDI capabilities).

Also note that the Chordana app connects to the CT-S200, CT-S300 and LK-S250 via USB, whereas the CT-S100 is not supported at all: The accompaniment, rhythm, and song data is not sent out over MIDI. However, turning Local Control off will still disable these parts in the internal sound source. Thanks again Chandler for such a detailed post. It really helps to hear the technical aspects of what is going on with these new Casiotones and related models. Separate from the MIDI Out Octave shift is the keyboard's master transpose setting, allowing you to transpose up or down 12 semitones. Unlike the MIDI Octave shift, this setting affects only the internal sounds. In practice, this means that if you change the transpose setting to +1 and press the C key, the internal sound source will play a C#, but the note sent over MIDI output is still a C. Thus, if you're controlling an external sound source, that sound source must have the ability to transpose within its own settings. However, changing the transpose value does send out a system exclusive message of some kind.

The CT-S100 also includes a USB port, which allows users to connect it to other devices such as computers or smartphones for additional sound editing and recording. Its compact size and battery-powered option make it easy to take on the go, and the keyboard's interface is user-friendly and intuitive. If you require any further information relating to the Delivery service used, please call us at +44 (0)20 8208 9567. None of the Dance mode parts or effects are transmitted through MIDI, but the section of the keyboard that is not used for controlling dance mode features will still send MIDI note data like normal. Only the CT-S200's manual has been released publicly thus far, so I can't comment on the features of the other models yet, but I'll point out some things that I have discovered during my investigation of the MIDI functionality, which I have attached to this post.

In the function menu, there's a dedicated setting for MIDI Out Octave shift that allows you to shift the MIDI output range up or down by +3 or -3 octaves. Once you've accessed this parameter, you can leave the menu Function open indefinitely and change the octave shift value as needed during a performance using the selection wheel or the context sensitive buttons below the LCD display. This does not affect the internal sound source. I was only borrowing my CT-S200 so I no longer have it for testing. The Reverb effects are in stereo from what I can remember. I didn’t really listen to the other tones closely enough to determine if they were stereo or not.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment