276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Red Dead Redemption - Nintendo Switch

£17.495£34.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Red Dead Redemption for the Switch is an entirely adequate port. Sure, that might sound underwhelming. But to understand how important that achievement truly is, it’s worth reflecting on the effects of an underperforming port. Issues like frame lag, texture issues, and lengthy loading screens could totally compromise this cinematic gaming experience. It’s something that subtly sours the impressions of an otherwise excellent game for new and legacy players alike. Red Dead Redemption review IGN 's Brudvig identified that Red Dead Redemption 's narrative themes reflected modern society, including racism, government power, and immigration; [30] Will Tuttle of GameSpy found that they occasionally felt "preachy", but were typically more nuanced than expected. [136] Mike Channell of Official Xbox Magazine ( OXM) considered the death of the Wild West a pressure that loomed over the narrative. [140] Matt Bertz of Game Informer felt that the narrative momentum suffered from the length of the missions in Mexico, but praised the game's ending for using a "sense of immersiveness only a video game can impart". [12] IGN 's Brudvig similarly lauded the game's climax as one of the best in gaming. [30] Herring of GamePro was surprised by the likability of John Marston, describing him as "one of the more sympathetic antiheroes in recent memory". [9] He also felt that, despite being based on caricatures of Spaghetti Western films, the game's secondary characters were "interesting enough that they never feel contrived"; [9] conversely, Paste reviewer Kirk Hamilton opined that the "clichéd and unlikeable" supporting characters undermined the narrative. [141] GameSpot 's Justin Calvert applauded the detail of the "deeply flawed but very likable" Marston, noting that his scars and outfit made him feel more believable. [8] Brudvig of IGN wrote that Marston's motivations were occasionally confusing and felt alienated from the narrative. [30] The song "Far Away" by José González plays as Marston enters Mexico in a scene described by critics as "perfect" and "beautiful". [142] [143] Gordon-Douglas, Christopher (June 2, 2010). "Red Dead Holds Top Spot on UK Sales Chart". PlayStation LifeStyle. CraveOnline. Archived from the original on June 5, 2010 . Retrieved May 30, 2020. a b Hamilton, Kirk (June 8, 2010). "Red Dead Redemption Review (Xbox 360)". Paste. Paste Media Group. Archived from the original on May 29, 2020 . Retrieved May 30, 2020. Tuttle, Will; Scott, Ryan. "Game of the Year 2010". GameSpy. Ziff Davis. p.9. Archived from the original on December 26, 2010 . Retrieved May 30, 2020.

a b c d e f g h i Bertz, Matt (May 17, 2010). "Red Dead Redemption Review". Game Informer. GameStop. Archived from the original on May 20, 2010 . Retrieved May 29, 2020. Graft, Kris (August 8, 2011). "Take-Two: Red Dead Redemption Ships 11M Units". Gamasutra. UBM Technology Group. Archived from the original on November 10, 2011 . Retrieved May 29, 2020. a b 10 Years of Red Dead Redemption with Dutch actor Benjamin Byron Davis. MCM London Comic Con. May 22, 2020. Archived from the original on June 5, 2020 . Retrieved August 14, 2022– via YouTube. a b c "Red Dead Redemption and Undead Nightmare". Metacritic. Fandom, Inc. Archived from the original on November 10, 2023 . Retrieved November 10, 2023.a b c d e "Review: Red Dead Redemption". Edge. Future plc. May 17, 2010. Archived from the original on May 18, 2012 . Retrieved May 29, 2020. Elston, M. Melissa (2013). "Allegorical Confrontation Meets Gaming System: Rhetoric and Trauma within Red Dead Redemption / Undead Nightmare". In Miller, Cynthia J.; Van Riper, A. Bowdoin (eds.). Undead in the West II: They Just Keep Coming. Scarecrow Press. pp.142–158. ISBN 978-0-81089-265-1. Unfortunately, besides the usual rumors coming up from time to time, we haven't heard of a Nintendo Switch version of Red Dead Redemption 2 in a while. However, there recently was a post, showing that Red Dead Redemtion 2 was rated for Nintendo Switch in Brasil.

Miller, Greg (March 27, 2010). "PAX East 10: Red Dead redemption Progress Report". IGN. Ziff Davis. Archived from the original on October 10, 2014 . Retrieved August 13, 2022. GameSpot Staff (May 10, 2010). "Breaking in the Digital Horses of Red Dead Redemption". GameSpot. CBS Interactive. Archived from the original on October 31, 2014 . Retrieved October 5, 2014. a b c d e f g h i Herring, Will (May 7, 2010). "Red Dead Redemption Review". GamePro. International Data Group. Archived from the original on May 22, 2010 . Retrieved May 29, 2020. a b Gwaltney, Javy (October 17, 2016). "The Virtual Life: Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto IV, And The Great American Lie". Game Informer. GameStop. Archived from the original on January 4, 2019 . Retrieved February 21, 2022. CharlieFen I don't think it's lazy. I mean, they didn't have to bring it to Switch full stop if they were that lazy. And I'm sure many a Nintendo fan hasn't played RDR (I'm one of them) so I'm not going to hold it against them for not treating me like some charity case lol.Krupa, Daniel (June 4, 2014). "Games of a Generation: Your Top 100". IGN. Ziff Davis. Archived from the original on June 4, 2014 . Retrieved May 30, 2020. Main article: Development of Red Dead Redemption Part of Red Dead Redemption 's leadership team: (left to right) technical director Ted Carson, art director Josh Bass, and producer Steve Martin at the Game Developers Choice Awards a b Robinson, Martin (February 27, 2010). "Red Dead Redemption: Once Upon a Time in the West". IGN. Ziff Davis. Archived from the original on July 30, 2014 . Retrieved February 22, 2022.

Recently, rumors have suggested Red Dead Redemption 2 could become available on the newest home console generation with an update for the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S, similar to Grand Theft Auto 5's March update that enhanced graphics and added new features. While the possibility of experiencing Red Dead Redemption 2 on new generation consoles is exciting, Nintendo Switch gamers may also be wondering when it will be possible to roam the Old West as Arthur Morgan - and the answer may be just around the corner. What Games to Play on PS3". Metacritic. Fandom, Inc. Archived from the original on September 14, 2023 . Retrieved September 14, 2023. The main issues come with the shimmer – the sort of jagged white artefacts that appear on foliage or buildings. This has something to do with anti-aliasing, which is unadjustable on Switch, so any straight-edged buildings or busy trees just sparkle in the distance. At first, it’s incredibly distracting, but after about ten hours with the Switch port, I barely notice it anymore. Sarkar, Samit (November 30, 2016). "Play Red Dead Redemption on PS4 and PC next week, thanks to PS Now". Polygon. Vox Media. Archived from the original on November 30, 2016 . Retrieved May 30, 2020. Murphy, Denis (March 28, 2011). "John Marston Speaks! An Interview With Rob Wiethoff". The Gaming Liberty. Archived from the original on October 6, 2014 . Retrieved August 14, 2022.

Red Dead Redemption Switch review

I don’t believe the missions or heists being particularly complex or full of depth, but they were fun. Ingham, Tim (May 24, 2010). "Red Dead redemption 360 outsells PS3". Computer and Video Games. Future plc. Archived from the original on May 26, 2010 . Retrieved May 30, 2020.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment