276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The World’s Worst Teachers: David Walliams

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The teacher, Mrs Baron, was easily provoked and enjoyed singling out students. She routinely dumped the contents of students’ desks out in front of the class if they took too long getting a book or pencil. Neff was taken to hospital for treatment – which possibly included a cheeseburger prescription and a serve of greasy fries – before being booked into jail where she faced felony charges of child endangerment. I recommend this book. I think it is one of my favourite books that David Walliams published.It's hilarious one of my favourite chapters was Doctor Dread and the chair of a thousand farts.

Letting students change their grades after report cards have been issued (most of the staff of Bronson Alcott High School, Clueless)Die skrywer word (myns insiens tereg) deur die ‘Evening Standard’ met Roald Dahl vergelyk en ek kan nie wag om hierdie boek se pasmaat (‘Die aardigste kinders op aarde’) ook te lees nie. Beide is in Afrikaans vertaal deur Kobus Geldenhuys en is lieflike lywige boeke (meer as 300 bladsye) vir voor- én selflees vir kinders van 6 tot ouetehuis. After three books on the world's worst children, David Walliams and Tony Ross bring a new collection of ten terrifying tales of the world's worst teachers - the most dreadful, gruesome and sinister teachers you could possibly come across. If you thought your teachers were bad, wait till you read about these.

These amazing stories were illustrated by the fabulous Tony Ross, adding an extra dimension to David Walliams’ fantastic stories. I understand why children love these little stories, because they are hilarious! But to me, it wasn't THAT good. I felt very nervous reading it and I got so HYPER! I couldn't just sit still while reading this. I get why children in my class can't stop fidgeting when reading books like this. Movie-world consequences: Ms. Halsey’s students ace the state test, she gets the bonus, and though a fellow teacher accuses her of cheating, Ms. Halsey is never punished. In fact, she gets promoted to guidance counselor the following year. Mr. Keating shows he’s not your average prep-school instructor in all sorts of ways: encouraging his students to stand on their desks, requesting to be called “O Captain, My Captain,” and so on. But perhaps the most bizarre (and therefore the most delightful to his buttoned-up pupils) example of his iconoclasm comes when he instructs his class to rip out the introduction to their poetry books. THIS IS THE BEST BOOK! YOU HAVE TO READ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you read this book…

I liked the bit when they trap their art teacher in their art model and they won the art competition.there’s a lot of Funny things in this book . I would definitely recommend this book :) Sign up to The World of David Walliams today and we’ll ensure you’re the first to hear the latest Walliams news, including upcoming events, special offers and school discounts.

I thought this book was hilarious because of all the pictures and the writing.The teachers names were also very funny for example Mr Pents balls who absolutely hated anything that was shaped as a ball.Then there was Mr and Mrs Lovey -Dovey.This book will make you laugh out loud. This book is so good, I loved it! I bet you you've seen horrible teachers but not as horrible as these ones. After you read the book you'll be grateful to to have so un-horrible teacher........ Most schools have some sort of formula for calculating students’ final grades every semester. Exams, papers, homework, and class participation all get a percentage weight; teachers plug in the numbers for each category and come up with a grade that goes on the report card. But at the school in Clueless, the system seems a bit more subjective. When Cher receives her report card at the beginning of the movie, she’s horrified--but then declares that the grades are “just a jumping-off point to start negotiations.” Her gym teacher boosts her grade after Cher tells her she’s going through a break up; her world history teacher also gives her more points for promising to start a letter-writing campaign; her debate grade goes up after she finds the teacher a girlfriend. Cher’s father’s incredulousness when he sees the revised report card speaks for itself: “What’d you do, turn in some extra credit reports? Take the midterms over?” When Cher answers no to both questions, it dawns on him, “You mean to tell me you argued your way from a C-plus to an A-minus?”Dlouho jsme před spaním nečetli knížku, u které bych tak trpěla. Příběhy jsou otravně repetitivní (zvlášť pokud už máte pár autorových knížek za sebou), zhruba polovinu textu tvoří citoslovce jako VŽUUUM!, ŘACH!, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! a podobně, a toho záchodového humoru je už zkrátka tak moc, že už to nepřipadá vtipný ani těm dětem. Real-world consequences: Uchacz says the school's response to a substitute like Mr. Racine would be simple: "The administrator would have the substitute called into the office and say, 'Thanks for subbing for us. Your services will no longer be needed.' That would be the conversation." I read this book with my 7-year-old daughter and I can't say that I enjoyed it much. Walliams appears to have created similar characters in certain stories, just giving them different subjects that they teach; like the Art Teacher, Miss Conceit, and the Drama Teacher, Miss Palaver , who both teach their classes based around themselves. It isn’t hard to see why David Walliams’ books so popular, and I can easily see this one becoming a fast favourite of many young readers. These ten tales of the world’s most splendidly sinister teachers will have you running for the school gates. Dr Dread teaches science and is half man, half monster…

The stories are a similar structure to WWC, often with moral lessons and comeuppances to those who need them, and lots of chances for readers to loathe and laugh at some over-the-top stereotypes and situations. Another parent saw the post and notified Ukailya’s mother, who promptly sued. Ukailya, who loves dressing up, was distraught to learn she was the subject of ridicule. She’d been very excited to show off her dope candy braids. This book is about the world's worst teachers in lots of different schools. The teachers were bossy, the maths teacher wouldn't let the pupils use balls because he was scared of them. The person I liked best is Chewy or Rebel. I like this book because it is very funny and I recommend reading it if you like David Walliams (author). A deaf Reddit user recounted how his sadistic third-grade teacher removed his two hearing aids and forced him to sit alone in the hallway.

Choose a background theme

KH2dfhdfjbygvbbubgvhghyrwjbhtuejjsiejhyeuuehhnmsjjdhaiskjsdhdudushdodmsisjwuwthe thr the the the the th eth eth ethe the thethe the th 2020-04-09T10:24:11Z Comment by Jenny Parton The punishment occurred several times in 1988 and was only discovered when the student’s best friend told his parents. The student, in his innocence, had not realised it was wrong and placed complete trust in the authority of teachers. Movie-world consequences: The police don’t believe Jeanie when she calls to report the intruder, so she takes the law into her own hands. This collection was absolutely perfect. It was such a joy to flip the coin and read about The World’s Worst Teachers instead of the World’s Worst Children, and in my opinion the Teachers are so much worse than the Children.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment