276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Reolink 4K IP PoE Camera Outdoor CCTV with Smart Human/Vehicle Detection, IR Night Vision, IP66 Weatherproof Security Camera Supports Audio Recording, microSD Card Slot, Time Lapse, RLC-810A

£99.995£199.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I have the frame rate set to 15 fps on both the main ("Clear") and sub ("Fluent") channels. The frame rate in BI is fine (15 fps) as long as there is only a main channel. As soon as I add the subchannel, the main channel rate drops. It bounces around, often as low as 2 or 3 fps, and there is a great deal of lag (buffering) in the video. This situation makes the use of a subchannel in BI pretty much impossible for this camera. Has anyone else seen this or found a workaround? I note that the camera web interface calls both streams "H.264" but ffplay tells me the main stream is "hevc (Main)" i.e. h.265 while the subchannel is "h264 (High)". I received one of the RLC-810A units for testing. Instead of keeping notes and making one post in a few weeks, I'm going to use this post as a running thread of my experience. Loader partition ― component in charge of loading the operating system, memory area 0x0 of size 0x40000.

You can configure both camera models to sound their alarm when motion is detected. But on the Reolink RLC-811A, you have the added advantage of the spotlights. These come ON automatically at night and can be used to scare away potential intruders before they make moves to break in. In motion detection, we can set the sensitivity and even set a schedule if we want different sensitivity at different times. We can also select in what area we want motion detection active. You then set the camera to record over a specific period of time, so for the next hour, for example. You can also have it record things like sunset and sunrise. Performance It also supports ONVIF and RTSP stream however at the moment you can only access the sub-stream since it doesn’t support streaming in H.265, and the sub-stream is only in 360p.The sub-stream at 640×360 resolution is using H.264, and the main stream at 4K UHD (3840×2160) resolution is encoded with H.265. Note the resolution of the main stream can be adjusted to a lower resolution in the app as needed.

This is really helpful to prevent false alarms and I think it worked ok, I didn’t have any false during the time I tested the camera.U-Boot partition (file u-boot.bin) ― contains the U-Boot bootloader, size 0x18000 starting at 0xc0000.

If there's anything else people would like me to test beyond the standard image performance, motion detection, please let me know and I'll be sure to include it as part of this write-up. Overall, these are superb little cameras with decent image quality for the price and flexible recording options.

Blue Iris Settings (you can set up different none admin users within the camera) You can change the ports if needed Now that we’ve made sure the camera works, we can install it. I attached it to a bush with some cable ties and PVC tube. So far I feel like the RLC-810A does a better job with motion detection. Although it does say "Person alert" when my dog is in frame, but I treat my dog like a kid, so maybe the camera is onto something.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment