276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ward D: A gripping psychological thriller

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

That’s all you’re going to get from me on the plot / storyline. Anything else I could say could very well be a spoiler, and no spoilers allowed here!

p.96 He’s playing the piano and is just so good. It’s sad that somebody with so much talent had their brain crap out on them like that. Is it true that people with incredible talent are more susceptible to mental illness? Authors, if you are a member of the Goodreads Author Program, you can edit information about your own books. Find out how in this guide.Amy is a medical student and is walking on pins and needles as patients yell "Let me out of here" and sing out tunes like "If your happy and you know it take your meds" , one even gives her a knitting needle (for her own safety). But they did give her the exit code, right?? after all, if you meet someone who is truly mentally ill, that’s the only way to know that you’re sane.”

Dad always says that if you’re going to do something wrong, at least be smart enough not to let anybody see you do it.” i did expect me to love this way more than i did but i still liked it. the housemaid remains my favorite book by this author. One of my new favorite's from Freida McFadden . I'm not sure if having worked on a psych ward myself made this book that much more entertaining, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I enjoyed the tension that flowed throughout this book. This book grabbed my attention from the beginning and didn't let go. I just had to know what was going to happen on this overnight shift.Terrible and harmful representation of mental illness. Missed opportunity... DNF after reading 'crazy'/some other negative bullshit too many times. freida mcfadden’s thrillers are absolutely delectable and just so much fun. while i’m still new to the author, her storytelling & writing style make it so difficult to put down her books and just have your mind swirling with theories. It felt like such a negative representation of mental illnesses from how Amy described them, she did not sound professional at all. For example, she described patients as “crazy” and people who have lost their mind. I am a big fan of Freida McFadden, particularly her Housemaid duet. However, this book just did not work for me. First and foremost, the mental health rep was done in such a negative way, I worry that those who suffer from the illnesses represented will be further stigmatized. Derogatory terms were used by the “medical professionals” further adding to this negative portrayal. again I can see a woke person reeling in disgust by the language. Yet truer words were never spoken. My thought, I think the very nice and naïve people who have to put up with the savages that most are in this world are the highly susceptible ones.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment