276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ricochet: An Addicted Novel

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The TikTok sensation Addicted Series continues with Hothouse Flower, now in a print edition with special bonus material! Denis O’Regan took something like 20,000 images of David Bowie on the tour and all the images published were personally approved by David. Some of them were originally used in the 1984 Serious Moonlight tour book, which included lots of text by Chet Flippo. O’Regan told SDE that with this project he wanted the photos to speak for themselves: “I wanted Ricochet to be more of a photography book. With the original book you’ve got lots of little pictures and there are political reasons for having some pictures in here. You know, you’ve got to have a picture of this person, and that person and this person with that person. And I was forced into a few things I didn’t really want. For Ricochet I wanted the photographs to be the focal point and [in] landscape [format] so they aren’t chopped in half by the seam.” Photographer Denis O’Regan and David Bowie in what looks like an early ‘selfie’ She loves her sisters but just doesn’t know how to take care of them when she can barely take care of herself. She underestimates herself and what she would and wouldn’t do. She’s the biggest overthinker which is so very relatable, and it’s why I appreciate her inner monologue so much. It feels very realistic, especially with what she’s battling. can i just say how proud i am of lily? don’t get me wrong…i’m just as proud of lo as i am of lily but since this book is only in her pov it hits different. you go through her journey of fighting her addiction, with her🥺every time lily cried…i cried with her. honestly i don’t think i would’ve been able to handle going through lo’s journey with him at the same time. they’ve already come such a long way while they were apart. i can’t wait to read the next book and see how different their relationship is compared to how it was in the first book. Ricochet takes place in Savannah, Georgia. Detective Duncan Hatcher is investigating a murder at a prominent judge’s home. The judge’s wife Elise admits to killing an intruder but Duncan wants to investigate further. To make matters worse, Duncan is attracted to Elise.

All in all i am super excited and can't wait to read the rest of the books. Lilooo i am living for you babeess <3 You know what I am about to say right? I can’t say much about the plot because the littlest thing could give away something that could spoil your reading experience.

This, like the first book, is entirely from Lily’s pov. I really wanted more Lo in this one, like maybe some of his time away, that’s the only reason it wasn’t quite a 5 for me. I still loved it lots. It was great to get a little more time with Ryke and Daisy- I can tell their book is going to be fun! I also really liked her therapist!! She teaches Lily that she doesn’t need to completely stop having sex, but she needs to find a healthy balance. She also lets Lily know that she shouldn’t feel guilty for being this way. There is usually this guilt for some people having trouble with addictions or their mental health because they feel like they have “everything” they need and other people have way worse problems. This is always a great reminder for everyone. I admired the inclusion of therapy, in helping her identify where the addiction could’ve stemmed from, and how she can work through that without placing guilt and shame upon herself. It felt like such an important step to getting her on that path that’ll eventually solidify her recovery as well as lo’s. More importantly, so they can be truly happy after much hurt and pain inflicted and enabled among each other 🫶🏼 With Lily and Lo’s dysfunctional relationship teetering and unbalanced, they will need to find a way to reconnect from miles apart. But the inability to “touch” proves to be one of the hardest tests on their road to recovery. Some love brushes the surface. Some love is deeper than skin. Daisy Calloway is finally eighteen. With her newfound independence, she can say goodbye to her overbearing mother and continue her modeling career. Next stop: Paris. Fashion Week begins with a bang, and Daisy uncovers the ugly reality of the industry. She wants to prove to her family that she can live on her own, but when everything spirals out of control, she turns to Ryke to keep her secrets.

Duncan me ha encantado como el policía dedicado, honesto y algo bruto (no puedo dejar de verlo como Russell Crowe en L.A. Confidential, pero sin sombrero). Con esas dudas que le terminan explotando. Un personaje genial we see much more of lily’s bond with them. ryke turns into lil‘s nr. 1 support person as he has promised lo to take of her while he‘s not around. i love her sister rose for helping lilly find a therapist and a place to stay in the meantime. Los personajes principales, Duncan y Dee Dee, llevan muy bien el ritmo de la historia. Me gustó como estuvo construída su amistad y el modo que interactuaban entre sí. Elise Laird te mantiene en suspenso durante todo el puto libro porque no sabés si confiar o no en ella hasta la última página: era lo que más me exasperaba y me mantuvo despierto hasta altas horas de la noche. Addicted series is interconnected with two spin-offs. The authors have written the books in 3 “phases”. Each phase is a complete story line with a satisfying enough conclusion. This novel as a whole, was a soul-wrenching continuation of Addicted to You. I legitimately cried and swooned and everything!When Detective Sergeant Duncan Hatcher is summoned to the home of Judge Cato Laird in the middle of the night to investigate a fatal shooting, he knows discretion and kid-glove treatment will be key to staying in the judge’s good graces and keeping his job. A similar thing happened when Duncan asked Elise about her meetings in hotel rooms with Coleman. She said they were “friends” about 20 times. But she never clarified or gave details to Duncan. Duncan did some investigating and got a different opinion, and by the end of the book, I was still unclear. I can assume something, but I wish the author had been clearer. I was annoyed that again Elise never gave details about this to Duncan when she was asking for his trust and help. I had two other problems with this story: One is that I don't buy the romance between Duncan Hatcher (the lead detective) and Elise Laird. It didn't make sense to me. What I could understand is that it was lust at first sight, but how could they fall in a deep lasting love after three conversations (which were actually police interviews?). No I don't buy that. The other problem was Elise’s long term plan, as explained towards the end, to go after Cato Laird and Savich (not going into details here as not give away spoilers), but either she very altruistic and idealistic, or she’s very stupid. En esta ocasión nos plantea un conflicto a simple vista como bien lo detalla la sinopsis: El detective Duncan tiene que ir a la casa del juez Cato Laird porque su esposa, Elise, mató en defensa a un ladrón que quiso dispararle primero. I loved the characters, especially Elise. Elise married Judge Cato Laird after a short, whirlwind romance. She has never been accepted by his social circle and was seen as a gold digger by most of them. Her marriage appears to be a fairy tale romance and she lives like a queen in a large home and has beautiful clothing, jewellery, a doting husband.

Determined to learn the dead man’s connection to the Lairds, Duncan investigates further but soon finds his career, and integrity, in jeopardy. Despite his suspicions, Duncan is increasingly drawn to Elise―even if she is a married woman, a proven liar, and a murder suspect. PLSSSSSSS i WILL be remembering this scene when i get to their book. this book was seriously 10/10 and then it was the way connor always shows up for rose when she needs him and the way he GRINS every time he challenges her or literally anytime she’s talking…shut up they’re so cute😭 Bottom line—this guy has the goods, so if you aren’t already reading his stuff, jump on the bandwagon now because Taylor Moore is going to be around for a long, long time. I’m some girl who decided to fill the emptiness in her heart with sex. Neglect and loneliness drove me to this place. A single choice to start and then the inability to stop. What I like most about Sandra's thrillers are the reasons why her characters carry out the crimes. It is always at stake social reputation, money, scams and cover-ups with very important people involved. Those types of thrillers, which can not be categorized as "legal", are the ones I love, so I'll definitely keep looking for titles from this author.

cabolloway - i wished u guys murdered each other during one of ur debates im tired of the both of u #justice4sadie

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment