276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Spin Master Marvel: Hail Hydra Board Game

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

You know that bit in Avengers: Endgame where Captain America pretends to be Hydra to steal Loki’s sceptre from agents who are actually Hydra and you distractedly think, ‘Wouldn’t it be cool if Captain America actually was Hydra and had played the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe?’ That’s Hail Hydra. And this is how it plays. Choose Your Fighter

Games Marvel, Hail Hydra Superhero Board Game Spin Master Games Marvel, Hail Hydra Superhero Board Game

HYDRA agents (the bad guys)- Sabotage the S.H.I.E.L.D. member's efforts to defeat Villains, allowing the Villains to Destroy the City.If New York City is Destroyed (reaches 0) at any point in time, the game ends and the HYDRA agents win! Hail Hydra is fast-paced, raucous and great fun. I would recommend trying to get the full 8-player count for a better experience and would say at least six to make it balanced. For a party game, there are some intricacies to rules that might take some explaining to people not used to modern games. As with all social deduction/hidden identity games, this is problematic because people can’t ask for clarification once the game has started without revealing their identity. In Hail Hydra, this is exacerbated if the inexperienced or unsure player is Hydra. Place the Avengers Tower Mover onto the New York City Card at 27 health. Count the number of people playing, then reference the chart below.

Hail Hydra Review - with Tom Vasel | Video | BoardGameGeek Hail Hydra Review - with Tom Vasel | Video | BoardGameGeek

Cosmic Cube Penalty Example: Red skull has 7 Health remaining 2 HYDRA agents each gave Red Skull a Defense. Adding Defense effectively decreases the available range the team has available to them before triggering the Cosmic Cube Penalty.HAIL HYDRA is best learned by following the read-along found on the First Game Rules located in this box. If you've never played HAIL HYDRA before, it is recommended to use that guide first. In short, this game is a blast-with the right crowd! Comic fans and players who like negotiation and light games will have a ton of fun. But, if you're looking for a deep game, this isn't for you! Place the Villain on top, followed by the Villains, and then the skull Villain. Place Red Skull on the bottom. The amount of HYDRA agents in the game is public knowledge. Players who are HYDRA will know who each other are, but S.H.I.E.L.D. members will not. To ensure this happens, someone should volunteer to say the following aloud after memorizing it: Loyalty Discs are passed out; HYDRA agents identify each other. A Villain is revealed, starting a Mission. A round in the Mission, known as an Offensive, begins. Each Offensive has 5 steps:

Marvel Hail Hydra | Board Games | Zatu Games UK

Each Hero has a special ability which can be used only one time per game. These abilities are powerful and will impact the game in meaningful ways when used correctly. The ability can only be played during certain parts of the game, specified on the card and at the end of these rules. This is bad. I put in a good card. One of those bad cards is mine. Don't blame me, I contributed a good card! You may be forced to play cards you do not want to play. This is part of the game. You still are not allowed to be specific about what you played. The cosmic cube penalty causes the city 3 damage. If New York City reaches zero, HYDRA instantly Wins

Creative Play

Each round is known as an Offensive, explained in detail below. This is the synopsis, for reference during the game: If there ever is a question about who should act first because multiple Heroes could be performing actions simultaneously, the Hero that has, or will get the First Player Token next has priority. Rules concerning Special Ability Timing are located to the right.

Hail Hydra, Marvel Hero Board Game for Teens and Adults Aged

Then, at the end of the round, players must vote on who they think the traitor is! The player receiving the most votes Is excluded from the next mission! Negotiations, threats, lies and deceit are all allowed! The game rinses and repeats until either the players win or lose. Furthermore, each superhero has a special power which allows them a special action and/or a way to 'break' the rules. The traitor(s) can even reveal themselves (and are REQUIRED by the games rules to cry out, "HAIL HYDRA!") as agents of Hydra, which gives them special rules to hinder the players!If you're a comics (Marvel) fan, Hail Hydra is a blast to play! The game is a social deduction/Traitor along the lines of "Resistance" and "Secret Hitler," but with a Marvel Comics theme! In your final battle to save New York City from Destruction, you'll have to defeat Red Skull, the hardest Villain in the game! Beware: Red Skull holds the Cosmic Cube! Due to the Cube's volatile nature, dealing too much Damage to Red Skull will damage the City too! This is called the Cosmic Cube Penalty. If all Villains are Defeated and New York City is intact, S.H.I.E.L.D. wins! If New York City is Destroyed at any point, HYDRA wins! If you have already played HAIL HYDRA using the First Game Rules and are looking for the new changes to the game, read all sections that have the symbol below in the top left corner.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment