276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ina May's Guide to Childbirth: Updated With New Material

£12.485£24.97Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

How can something so painful, so medical, so dangerous be anything somebody could enjoy, especially without any drugs? The science cited here, along with hospital procedures generally, is pretty outdated, which works nicely for the book's preferred method of persuasion: scare tactics. There was a of useful advice and if the whole book would have been like that, it would have easily been a five star book! The biggest came during the sixth month of pregnancy, when I was sent a certified letter that made no sense whatsoever, unless one read it do it my way or else.

As with any discussion about a debatable topic, the experts are not likely to be very open-minded, but she impressed me with her logical and tempered, if not unaggresive, presentation. We do everything we can to take pain away through drugs, positive thinking, and through the newest craze of self-care: eliminating everything from our lives that cause us discomfort.

The days and weeks following my son's birth should have been the happiest of my life (well, barring the hormones rocking my boat, of course), but instead I had to spend the first year of my baby's life wrestling with guilt and shame and a sense of inadequacy, and that's just stupid. Drawing on over 40 years' experience, internationally acclaimed midwife Ina May Gaskin shows you how to use the mind-body connection to help labour progress calmly and safely. s. I also would have been interested to learn what percentage of high-risk pregnancies the hospitals have/had and if these were included in the statistics she used to compare to "The Farm".

Gaskin’s center is noted for its low rates of intervention, morbidity and mortality despite the inclusion of many vaginally delivered breeches, twin and grand multiparas. The benefits of medical tests were skimmed over while the possible harm of these tests was thoroughly covered. Finally, in the seventh month, the doctor said there could be no Leboyer birth,* after leading me to believe all these months there would be. I liked reading about what the women did to cope with pain/lessen the pain and the various ways they pushed out their babies.I looked at the clear blue November sky and the brown oak leaves left on the trees and basked in the warmth of the sun. They teach us the occasional difference between accepted medical knowledge and the real bodily experiences that women have--including those that are never reported in medical textbooks nor admitted as possibilities in the medical world.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment