276°
Posted 20 hours ago

AKG K712PRO Open-Back, Over-Ear Premium Reference Class Studio Headphones, Sophisticated Open Technology, Revolutionary Flat Wire Voice Coil, Broad and spacious soundstage, Comfortable Design - Black

£99.975£199.95Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I don’t know how well they can go really low cause my current monitors are only flat down to around 40-80 Hz, but for mixing in a small home studio with sub-optimal acoustics and huge dips in room response they really great. Over-ear, Oval, Closed-Back, Foldable Studio Headphones with BluetoothWhether you’re an artist, engineer, podcaster or beat maker, you’re always in creative mode. Going back to other headphones after a few days of listening, I kept thinking on wanting to come back to these because of it.

External DAC/AMP isn’t even necessary in all cases if you have sound from a PC then yes i do recommend both as a computer is a terrible place for audio to be in and NO sound cards are not any good and terrible for performance per dollar(check out AudioScience reviews for this) and if your a PC guy you know what performance per dollar means! As such, it’s nigh on impossible to use these headphones as a monitoring device in the studio for recordings or vocals. Isolation and spill is naturally compromised, but you get a very open sound, albeit tilted spectrally towards the upper registers (such that I preferred listening at lower levels). The pads were a lot tougher than I expected, but still soft and spacious enough for my ears to be snugly fit, while having plenty of breathing room.I currently own the MA900 (my fave full sized headphone ever, if mostly because it’s comfort and non-existent weight, paired with well balanced, non-fatiguing sound just makes it hard NOT to love) and I agree with that part of your review most.

I enjoy this headphone a great deal and it will become my go-to reference headphone for the time being. But this is marketed as a reference headphone so I don't expect this to be the type of headphones for bass heads.If the fault occurs within the first 180 days of your ownership, we'll collect the goods and deliver them back to you free of charge. Aside from the clear homage/reference to Arnold’s T800 in Sons of Liberty via Solid Snake’s character, there’s a very subtle hint that Harry Gregson Williams also borrowed a bit from Judgment Day’s music in his amazing score. The headband is really comfy with it's quick adjustment without much thought put into it, and the leather band takes away all parts where hair can get stuck into and pulled out.

Build quality is very good, all of the important mechanical parts are either metal or durable plastic. It’s so delicate in the way it presents sound that you’re almost hyper-focused on some of the smallest nuances of the composition.

At any rate, I can handle small imperfections, maybe add a slight touch of EQ to the porridge just right for my groove. If you love what I do here and want to support the blog and channel in a more personal way, check me out on Patreon and discover all the value I have to offer you. I want to experiment with the staging, I enjoyed the difference the 560s brought, are the AKG's even more different, better for the genre's i listen? Please note this information is provided for guidance only as manufacturer warranties may be updated from time to time.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment