276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Games Workshop - Warhammer - Age of Sigmar - Slaves to Darkness Army Set (English)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The grey reminded me of winter pelts and I could imagine these guys raiding and marauding their way through wintery lands in pursuit of their master’s predetermined prey. This is why I’ve gone with a winter basing scheme for this warband too. Plus purple and red always look so wonderfully visceral and dramatic on white. We’re already familiar with the Ogroid Myrmidon from Warcry, and now with the Ogroid Theridons a whole unit of these monstrous slaughterers follow in its wake. The Vanguard: Slaves to Darkness box comes with 17 models. The total in-game points comes to 680; a little shy of the recommended 1,000 points for a beginner’s army. We’ll go into what comes next below, but first, here’s the contents of the box: Vanguard: Slaves to Darkness Contents:

The true reason you take this character is because his Command Ability lets a nearby unit fight twice in the combat phase. This is incredible because the action economy is incredibly important to the Slaves to Darkness due to their low numbers, and getting a second activation out of a charging unit of Chaos Knights, Archaon or just a big blob of Chaos Marauders is going to do so much work in so many game situations. He might actually be the best option we have for heroes if it wasn’t for the Chaos Sorcerer Lord. Great online store for board games. They always arrive perfectly and undamaged which is important to me.Some of the best Centerpiece Models –You have both Archaon and the new Be’lakor model, both of which look absolutely gorgeous and are extremely powerful as well. If you roll a 11-12 you can choose to either replace your hero with a Daemon Prince (that retains all spellcasting, command abilities and artifacts/traits) or you can heal D3 wounds on the model. This is a huge flavor win and it’s great if your hero in question is a cheap Chaos lord on foot where it becomes a straight upgrade. On the other hand, there’s definitely a decision to be made if said Chaos Hero is one of the more expensive and killy varieties like a Chaos Lord on Karkadrak or Sorcerer Lord on Manticore. At 9 wounds Look Out Sir! is available, with a 3+ save and a 5+ mortal wound save this is moderately survivable but can’t stand with any serious melee threats for too long. Hosts of Chaos Warriors, Knights, Chosen, Ogroids, and more pour forth to slay and conquer in the name of their dark gods – and they will stop at nothing until realms run red with blood. Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error

I believe there is untapped potential in this legion, simply because Dark Prophecy is a powerful ability – the question is simply why would you want to take the chance on this legion, when Despoilers gives you a far more broad toolkit while not anchoring you to an 800 point behemoth? The Knights of the Empty Throne The Chaos Gods are the ‘Big Bad’ of the setting and have had a huge trove of lore written about them over decades, so please forgive the rough edges of what follows….. units chosen in any combination from the following list: Chaos Chosen, Chaos Knights, Chaos Warriors, Chaos Marauders, Chaos Marauder Horsemen Not sure what game to buy next? Buy a premium mystery box for two to four great games to add to your collection! Buy Premium Box » Review: New Vallejo Game Color range – now for pro painters only? 3k views | posted on January 7, 2023As usual, we’ll leave the rules review to those who are more into the gaming side, but briefly a few things that caught my eye: There are many new warscrolls for the new models and units, including rules for all new warbands from Warcry’s 2nd edition. Underworlds warbands are also included, but the Darkoath from the Gnarlwood box are missing. However, many units with old models are still present, i.e. Marauders, Soul Grinders, Manticores, Slaughterbrute and Mortalith Vortex Beast. The only thing missing at first glance are Forsaken, but that was also the case with the last book. Value

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment