276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Samyang AF 35mm F1.4 Autofocus Lens for Sony FE

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In this review, I will do my best to answer these and other questions and will show you samples from the lens, with comparisons against the Nikon 35mm f/1. Color fringing is quite negligible throughout the whole aperture range, right out to the extreme edges and corners of the image frame.

I find that on a Sony A7III, the eyeAF works well in less than ideal lighting (eg at a small venue rock concert). On a small-format DX camera, this lens sees an angle-of-view similar to what a 50mm lens would see on a full-frame camera. The string of letters in the lens’s title signify that it has both ED (Extra-low Dispersion) and AS (Aspherical) elements, along with NCS (Nano Coating System), and is designed for CS (Crop Sensor) cameras. that I had certainly had focus calibration problems, because I could not obtain any in-focus shots when using manual focus assist. Centre-sharpness becomes scintillating even at f/2 and sharpness across the whole frame is epic from f/2.

The aperture iris has nine rounded blades which enable the aperture to stay fairly round as the lens is stopped down. There is one big problem: this lens probably won't arrive perfectly calibrated, and probably won't work perfectly with your camera unless you experiment a bit with how much manual offset you need to apply to get perfect focus at f/1. At wider apertures the flare pattern is mild, with some mild ghosting but good retention of contrast.

Take a look at the below image that shows its size relative to other 35mm lenses (From left to right: Sigma 35mm f/1. Fujifilm’s latest medium format flagship brings updated autofocus and faster shooting, but how does it compete with high-end full-frame models?

Even pointed directly into the sun (I have my blind neighbor do this for me), ghosts are still nearly nonexistent. So, other than a bit more color fringing than what I would like in some situations, the lens displays impressive sharpness and contrast, particularly when stopped down to F2. is much higher…, in your list it is less high, and on the internet you can find it less expensive…,but that’s the case for the Samyang as well.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment