276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Synology 2-Bay DiskStation DS723+ (Diskless)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As tools are developed, they are added below (as well as embedded in many, many articles across the site). I found it funny you had the 10Gbs OPTION as a big positive, then you were pissed off at the end it wasn’t standard. Installing a drive is as easy as it gets; the plastic drive bays make tool-less installation a breeze, and if you're using a 2. That said, there is a path to 10GbE networking on the NAS, and that's facilitated by the PCIe Gen 3 x2 slot that's located at the back.

Rest assured that the compatibility and stability have been strictly verified with the same benchmark to ensure identical performance. When applicable, systems are tested configured with maximum memory and set to allow the maximum number of connections. What this means is the DS723+ will have to transcode in software if the client device is unable to do it on its own and potentially be an issue for some Plex users. So by sharing your query in the ASK NASCompares section below, you can get a better range of solutions and suggestions, alongside my own. The AMD Ryzen R1600 is the same hardware that's used in the 5-bay DiskStation DS1522+— one of the best home NAS servers around — and is reliable in daily use.Before purchasing, please visit the official web pages of EW201/202 and Extended Warranty Plus for a list of eligible regions.

Looking more into things I realized that transcoding is not anymore important because nowadays the clients available are able to play pretty much everything.The smart money would be on the Synology DS723+ NAS being released around mid-November 2022 (Maybe even very early December, post black Friday and clearance of the DS720+). Thermal parameters for SSDs and NAS units are fine-tuned to ensure optimal management of thermal conditions under I/O-intensive environments. Related The Synology DS723+ NAS Expandable 2-Bay Revealed UPDATE 11/01/23 –The Synology DS723+ NAS Drive has now been RELEASED! We pool the comments on this article and the videos that are featured in it to keep all the relevant comments in one place, so take a look and see if your POV is the same as everyone else’s. The performance of the mail system will slightly decrease in high-availability mode due to data synchronization between the two servers.

This is why the DS720+ (and DS718+ and DS716+ predecessors) were so popular for use as a Plex Media Server, Synology Video Station, Surveillance Station and even Virtual Machine deployment. Video Station is a great alternative to Plex, and Audio Station is a powerful audio streaming solution that is great if you have a large music library. Still, we are still talking about a 2-core (4 threads to be fair, so four virtual CPUs for VMs and also the support of ECC memory) processor that will use more power to perform heavier graphical tasks. As we outlined previously, the strong point for Synology is that they have managed to package a solid software bundle that integrates perfectly with their NAS solutions.

May I ask so the transfer speed to read the files is limited to 100mb/sec due to 1gb lab port correct?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment