276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dave Pigeon: WORLD BOOK DAY 2023 AUTHOR: 1

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Swapna Haddow was the winner of the Greenhouse Funny prize 2014. She is the author of the Dave Pigeon books, including How to Deal with Bad Cats and Keep (Most of) your Feathers and a further one, coming in 2017. Swapna lives in London with her husband and son and their pet hamster Gary. When she's not writing she is usually reading, dreaming about living on a boat or eating Jaffa Cakes. Who could resist a story that makes you laugh and is crammed full of chocolate? This adventure is a joy from start to finish, as we follow Jelly on her quest to stop the chocopocalypse. It also features my favourite fictional grandma! 3. The Giggler Treatment by Roddy Doyle Night Mayor Franklefink has vanished from the Transylvanian Express - and it's up to you to solve the case! Part of the Solve Your Own Mystery seri... Hello Yellow - 80 Books to Help Children Nurture Good Mental Health and Support With Anxiety and Wellbeing -

Education Shed Ltd, Severn House, Severn Bridge, Riverside North, Bewdley, Worcestershire, UK, DY12 1AB Drawing on this expertise the team has provided a set of resources to help you run a Book Choice 'Tasting' Café on World Book Day - or beyond. This collection includes: Make a difference this World Book Day by gifting a Literacy Toolkit to a local primary school or community group, to support children’s literacy skills in your area. This book is absolutely ridiculous, in the funniest way. The Gigglers are such a brilliant creation, and the way they punish grown ups for telling off children is genius. Prepare yourself for a lot of sniggering! 4. Iguana Boy by James Bishop and Rikin Parekh I love Dave pigeon books I think they should make make they are just so interesting my favourite character is Dave but skipper is really fun too I love them so much the book really inspires me to write one of my own with my imaginationOur report shows how World Book Day welcomes children into the world of books and reading in two ways: by helping all children become book owners, many for the first time, and by supporting a variety of activities and experiences essential for building life-long readers. With biscuits on their minds, and grumbling from their stomachs, they set off to find a new owner. Reginald Grimster seems a good choice at first, but why is he so keen on feeding them? And why does he have so many books about cooking? For ages 5 to 8, the World Book Day Dave Pigeon Draw-along was led by author/illustrator duo Swapna Haddow and Sheena Dempsey, creators of the World Book Day title: Dave Pigeon: Bookshop Mayhem. During the event they shared details of how they get their ideas, top tips for creating stories, and led a classroom draw-along. We also have a wide range of resources designed to inspire and encourage reading for pleasure that are useful all year round:

Author Luke Palmer introduces his new book, Play (Firefly Press) about four boys growing up together, the challenges, the friendships, and what hap...We're hugely excited to have worked with our friends at World Book Day, the charity whose mission is to promote reading for pleasure, offering every child and young person the opportunity to have a book of their own. A very funny story about friendship and teamwork told from the point of view of Dave, a pigeon who is not quite as clever as he thinks he is.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment