276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Devil in Winter (The Wallflowers)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Lisa Kleypas is the author of a number of historical romance novels that have been published in fourteen languages. He's the perfect example of a character who you might find sexually attractive but would make a sh*tty boyfriend. At the same time, I think she had a whole lot of courage and backbone to take such steps, in addition to sometimes taking little jabs at him when he was being rude to her. And I loved the supporting characters that worked there, particularly her childhood friend who was always concerned for her well-being.

Sebastian’s reputation is so dangerous that thirty seconds alone with him will ruin any maiden’s good name.

I loved her creative bet with Sebastian to prove he could be faithful to her, but felt like she let him off rather easy and didn't take it far enough.

St Vincent looks over the club and realises that something could be done to make the club a success. It quickly becomes clear, however, that Evie is a woman of hidden strength – and Sebastian desires her more than any woman he’s ever known. With each book you get to enjoy a specific couple, get hints of our favorite previous ones are, and hints as to which character gets the spotlight next. He also took an ill-advised turn at villainy when he kidnapped his best friend's fiancée in hopes of gaining her fortune and avoid becoming penniless within the month.They are not just dukes and earls, and even if they are peers, they still have an industrious core and the desire to be about something.

Her father is a gambling club owner and is dying, but her Aunt and Uncle refuse her wishes to see him. So, if I do reread something in a short time after finishing it that means I really loved it (also see Bunny! mmmm… better than last time (likely because i enjoy historical romances more now) but still wasn’t great. This one is a real departure from the previous two books which I have to say felt very welcome, as I was getting very fatigued by the forced kisses and ‘bullish’ men after two books.These relatives have treated her horribly for her entire life and have essentially kept her prisoner in their home. The aunts and uncles are trying to force her to marry one of her cousins so that they can get thier hands on her inheritance. I thought she was an interesting character and I wanted to know more about her, although she didn't seem to say much. I’ve read reviews from others who were really skeptical of Kleypas’s decision to make the last book’s villain the hero in this story. I could empathise with many of her anxieties, especially the ones that surface later in the book after things finally start to go well for them both.

Evie is desperate to break free from her abusive relatives, and figures if she marries a man who is powerful yet in dire need of her money, she would stand a chance. Though his face was still cold, his hand was warm and soothing, and she felt herself relax involuntarily.Her "whatever you jackass, I've had worse" strength, her nurturing, and her willingness to be exactly how vulnerable Sebastian needed. Devil in Winter introduced handsome, half-gypsy Cam Rohan who becomes the hero of the first book in the spin-off, Hathaways series, Mine 'Til Midnight.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment