276°
Posted 20 hours ago

EverBuild 406 Stabilising Solution 5 Litre

£1.575£3.15Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Stabilising solution is a great product to use and will increase your walls’ durability whilst preparing them for future paintwork. It sgood stuff designed to slow the suction rate of the paint and hold the friable or flacky paint together. If it’s still loose you may have to seal the areas affected with a stabilising solution – but only as a last resort. Stabilising solution is a primer/sealer with the added quality of binding to chalking or friable surfaces and making them less water-absorbent.

These sealers while preventing water entering an exterior wall, also prevent moisture escaping from inside the property. Scrape off as much as you can and let it dry-out naturally, which could take a long time, before attempting to redecorate. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. Its formula contains a blend of fine polymer emulsion, that penetrates any weathered surface deep enough to seal it.Allows painting of new render finishes and re-pointing repairs without alkaline contamination of the paint, which would otherwise delay painting by up to 2 months. Hi, May I suggest for optimum performance that you use TRADE products rather than the retail equivalents.

I prepared a south facing wall with a view to applying stabiliser and 3 coats of exterior quality paint as advised by a builder. You can tell a surface is friable by rubbing it with your hand: if it rubs away, then that is a sign it might need stabilising solution. The Everbuild product seems much better - it can be applied to all surfaces, old paint included, and seems so far to be working well.

This moisture may force itself out eventually and cause the paintwork to bubble and/or subsequently flake-off. If your exterior walls are chalky or are in less than optimal condition, applying a primer is highly recommended. Our wall stabilising solution stabilises friable mortar, hardens surfaces which have "gone soft" due to weathering and allows you to paint straight after re-rendering or pointing in preparation for the application of "Weatherflex". I have used two types of stabilising solution over the time at my current hoosie; one was 'solvent-based' (smelly) and was a Wickes product, I believe, and very recently I bought a couple of tubs of Everbuild stab sol for my dusty garage floor and this seems to be water-based (certainly a more pleasant liquid). Without stabilising solution, the crumbling brickwork will cause paint to come off, ultimately ruining your paintwork.

This one comes in 5l cans, meaning you can be sure it will be enough for any purpose you need it for. This should only be used on it's own as it cannot be painted over the top of as it will repel the paint. Kingfisher “Weatherflex Stabilising Solution” is a solvent-free, fine particle, pure acrylic ester copolymer primer, sealer and stabiliser for masonry.

During application, make sure to use a good brush or roller, and always try to paint from top to bottom for a uniform application. I would like to ask whether the stabilising solution will affect the breathability of the render and cause damp to build up within the wall?

Quite agree Dave, you can never be 100% with prep, even with a quailty lining paper, sometimes imperfections can still show, I've lined walls only for the old plaster to blow weeks, months later. It provides both an increased quality and adhesion of paintwork, as well as protection to the wall itself. For further Health and Safety information on this product please refer to the Kingfisher Safety Data Sheet, copies of which are available from the Kingfisher Technical Dept. Easy to apply, this quick drying solution is ideal for ensuring a stable paintable surface and good adhesion of masonry paint.But, it's a darn good product,like Stixall, but the 406 sorted the distemper ceilings here, save me a lot of work,have used gallons of it here on the walls as well. It is recommended to leave the new surface exposed to weather for at least a year before applying any paint or stabilising solution to it. If, however, the cracks are clean and firm, I'd just brush them down, dampen them, and then stuff the cement-based filler as far in as I could before wiping over.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment