276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hill Coconut Creams Biscuits 150 g (Pack of 36)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

These coconut biscuits are perfect with a cup of tea. I am sure I said that about the pandan cake the other day too? Must be something about the time of day I am writing. Flour:Unbleached all-purpose flouris best to use when making biscuits. It contains less protein than bread flour, which means it will produce less gluten and in turn result in a lighter and more tender crumb structure. To make these healthier you can replace half of the all-purpose flourwith whitewhole wheat flouror whole wheat pastry flour, which are made from whole grain soft wheat berries. To make gluten free dairy-free biscuits simply replace the flour with a gluten-free baking flour alternative such as bob’s red mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour.

I’m sharing a recipe for 4-ingredient coconut flour biscuits with you today! Just as a preface, I’ve had one too many cups of coffee today, so excuse my silly mood. In addition to feeling giddy (um, jittery?), I’m also in the mood to make lists. So you’ll see a few of those in today’s post. Okay. Read on, friends! These 4-ingredient coconut flour biscuits are for you if: Step 2 - Sift in the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and cornstarch. Add in the coconut and mix until just combined. Quantity - this recipe will make about 40 small biscuits, which when sandwiched together with the filling will give you 20 complete Monte Carlos. Cocoa powder B –a plain old cocoa powder will do. My go-to Cocoa Powders in New Zealand are Cadbury and Nestle. Plain Flour: Plain baking flour, do not use 00 flour or bread flour. You can use self-raising flour and omit the baking powder.Step 3 - Place the biscuit dough onto a sheet of cling film or plastic wrap and bring it together into a disc or rectangle, seal tightly and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour.

We’re already adding in 1 and ⅓ cups of actual dessicated coconut to these! So the coconut flavor and texture is there, even if the flavor isn’t as strong without coconut extract. Soy Milk– I used a little soy milk for the non-dairy milk part of this recipe, but of course you could switch this for coconut milk. Storing and Freezing However this recipe is based on coconut and it is important to choose the correct variety. It must be unsweetened, desiccated coconut. That is to say, it's the finely grated one with no added sugar. Variations Add vegan butter and white granulated sugar to the bowl of your stand mixer and cream them together until smooth. They’re soft and chewy, fabulously moist and so easy to make you can throw together a batch of these with barely any notice at all.Brown sugar - either light or dark brown sugaris fine to use. The brown sugar gives a slightly caramelised flavour to these biscuits as well as colour. Desiccated Coconut: dried finely shredded coconut, can be substituted with dried shredded or flaked coconut, but the biscuit texture will be different. Step 6 - Once the biscuits are completely cool, melt the chocolate. This can be done in the microwave by zapping the chocolate in 20 seconds intervals, stirring well between each interval. Or by placing the chocolate in a glass dish over a saucepan of water (do not let the water touch the glass), and heating over low-medium heat until the chocolate is melted. Don’t over-work the dough. Keep some larger chunks of butter intact when cutting the butter into the flour. Knead the dough for 14 turns only. Any longer will work the dough too much and gluten strands will start to form, which will develop a tougher crumb structure in the final biscuits. Bake for 10-15 minutes. Cool completely on wire trays before assembling the Monte Carlo sandwich biscuits. Step 4 - Make The Buttercream Filling

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment