276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mothership: The Very Best of Led Zeppelin Edition)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Mew does digital things to old albums for a living. He has remastered David Bowie, Deep Purple, Bob Marley and Syd Barrett. His aesthetic, he says, is to get as close as possible not to the vinyl version or even necessarily to the master tape, but to what the engineer and producer heard at the time, "maybe with a little bit of updating". If you’ve spent the last year buying the Led Zeppelin Super Deluxe Editions then your appetite for Zeppelin vinyl is probably well and truly sated… but just in case, the band’s 2007 compilation Mothership is being made available again across four vinyl records. Offiziellecharts.de – Led Zeppelin – Mothership" (in German). GfK Entertainment Charts. Retrieved 27 May 2021.

Jaaroverzichten 2008". Ultratop. Archived from the original on 21 October 2012 . Retrieved 27 May 2021. UK Music Charts– The Official UK Top 75 Albums: Week of Mon 19 Nov". UK Albums Chart. Archived from the original on 15 May 2011 . Retrieved 19 November 2007. Probably the key buying point here is that this new vinyl set uses the new 2014/15 remasters, which is good news since the original compilation mastering has never been fans’ favourite. Larkin, Colin (2007). The Encyclopedia of Popular Music (4thed.). Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0195313734.

Cohen, Johnathan (23 October 2007). "iTunes Welcomes Zeppelin With Catalogue Box". Billboard. Archived from the original on 13 September 2014 . Retrieved 19 November 2007. Music Direct reserves the right to change the terms of this promotion or discontinue this offer at any time.

Schweizer Jahreshitparade 2008". hitparade.ch. Archived from the original on 17 July 2021 . Retrieved 27 May 2021. Now to the old-timers, my age (I'm 39) and older, those wondering whether this new remaster indeed sounds as horrible as some describe: well, it is not disastrous, but it does sound kinda loud. I honestly thought this wouldn't be an issue with me, and perhaps I wouldn't even notice, but I did notice. There is an excellent earlier review here, describing how the reviewer compared this remaster to the older one by bringing the loudness of Robert's vocal to the same, comfortably loud, level. As a result, everything else on the new remaster got overpowering, in-your-ear loud. I confirm that, and I wholeheartedly join those who disapprove. On the other hand, isn't that what the band themselves wanted?.. Isn't this *their* own remaster?.. And I do have two good guesses why they would have wanted it this way:Top Billboard 200 Albums – Year-End 2018". Billboard. Archived from the original on 4 December 2018 . Retrieved 27 May 2021.

Rapports Annuels 2008". Ultratop. Archived from the original on 3 October 2012 . Retrieved 27 May 2021.Should loyal Zep fans rush out and buy a bunch of songs they already own? They'll certainly get a different take on them albeit one that, after a while, they'll struggle to differentiate from the previous versions. Top 100 Albums - 11 November 2007". Oricon. Archived from the original on 31 January 2010 . Retrieved 19 January 2009. url":"https://www.ledzeppelin.com/news/song-remains-same-and-mothership-4-lp-180-gram-vinyl-box-sets-1168316", They're remastered and re-released, but does messing with Led Zep's classics make them sound any better? Dominic Maxwell risks his hearing to find out | December 01, 2007 Led Zeppelin". Nme.com. 9 November 2007. Archived from the original on 10 November 2021 . Retrieved 17 May 2021.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment