276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Discovery

£14.995£29.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

However, I will say that Side C has incessant hiss and static on my copy, enough to drive me here to note it. Discovered this album (and Daft Punk in general) via the "Interstella 5555" videos played on Toonami back in the day. Doesn't feel like much use reviewing an album this huge, but Discovery is too important to me as a person not to. Rather than rely on the drum machines typical for house music, the Roland TR-808 and the TR-909, Daft Punk used a Oberheim DMX, a LinnDrum and a Sequential Circuits Drumtraks.

With the translation coordination of Tamiyuki "Spike" Sugiyama, production began in October 2000 and ended in April 2003. Discovery is Daft Punk's best work in my opinion, and it was vital to me in developing my taste for Electronic music as a teenager.The record was designed to reflect a playful, honest and open-minded attitude toward listening to music. Sounds pretty damn excellent to my ears, better than the CD version I have been listening for years. The Los Angeles Times confirmed this following the breakup of Daft Punk and found that Daft Punk does pay royalties for the sample twice a year to the label, GM Musipro. In his review for AllMusic, John Bush wrote that Discovery is "definitely the New York garage edition" of Homework.

Bangalter noted the stylistic approach of the album was in contrast to that of their previous effort. I didn't have much of an ear to care about hiss or other related issues when I bought it and I still don't now - I'm far more of a CD and FLAC person when it comes to Hi-Fi listening. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions. The result of the collaboration was an anime film, Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem, which features the entirety of Discovery as the soundtrack. Ben Ratliff from Rolling Stone was less impressed and wrote that few songs on Discovery matched the grandiosity of "One More Time".In 2020, Rolling Stone included Discovery at number 236 in its updated list of " The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time". Daft Punk's second album, Discovery, is the centerpiece of their career, an album that transcended the robots' club roots and rippled through the decades that followed. Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.

Kanye West's song " Stronger" from the album Graduation features a vocal sample of "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger". Rather than creating new music using only the samples, Daft Punk worked with them by writing and performing additional parts. Stephen Dalton from NME found the record's pop art ideas enthralling and credited Daft Punk for "re-inventing the mid-'80s as the coolest pop era ever". By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising.

An exclusive unreleased track ('Ouverture') and several remixes (streaming only) were then accessible. All the copies of 'Discovery' were released with a 'Daft Club' card included that permitted a web access to the Daft Club (Daftpunk. As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. All three brought the album and the completed story to Tokyo in the hope of creating the film with their childhood hero, Leiji Matsumoto, who had created Captain Harlock.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment