276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Blade Runner 2049 (4K UHD BD) [Blu-ray]

£18.43£36.86Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Whilst the score has been somewhat divisive amongst even fans of the film, with some just not feeling the oppressive overtones which often try to drown out the Vangelis-inspired core, whilst others embrace the respectful updating of score design which is perfectly in-line with Villeneuve's updating of visual aesthetic (and even the narrative design for that matter! Sadly, there are no trailers for the film, nor are there any galleries of production artwork, or anything at all to do with the film’s score.

There are numerous other examples of this that I could cite and expound on, but I loathe spoilers anddon't want to ruin for those who haven't seen this film.

Textures of clothes and surfaces are better conveyed, including K's camo green jacket (which you could mistake for being black) and the dirt smudges and cracks in K's apartment.

The only way this presentation could have been better is if Dolby Vision had been available on disc, but what's here is likely to be the best there ever will be on physical media. After blowing me away with his thoughtful approach to science fiction with Arrival, and his impressive work with Sicario, Enemy, and Prisoners - I felt that this film at least would be interesting. As iconic as Ford was to the first film, I believe fans will come to know Gosling as K and never doubt that the role was a perfect fit for the actor.And the memory moments - both 'remembered' and 'created' makes for some of the most stunningly realised footage you'll ever see. The accompanying audio presentation is just as magnificent as the video, delivered in the guise of an object-based immersive audio track. Blade Runner 2049 shares similar DNA but it's a different beast – less of a direct sequel in style than an extension of the world. Warner’s Ultra HD package includes the film alone on 4K, as well as a Blu-ray disc with the film in 1080p.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment