276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Marmite XO Yeast Extract, 250g

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

First off, what is Marmite anyway? “The scrapings off the bottoms of beer barrels,” says my mother dismissively (she’s Team Marmalade). It turns out she is right – sort of. Yeast extract, it transpires, is a by-product of the beer industry, as every time a batch is brewed the yeast grows sevenfold, leaving a surplus. For Marmite it is shipped to the factory in Burton upon Trent, where it is heated to 95C, hot enough to kill the yeast and break it down. A clear brown yeast extract broth can then be strained off, leaving behind a cloudy porridge made up of yeast cell walls. It’s then boiled down to make the tarry brown spread we are familiar with. Doctor Who 60th Anniversary: Fans go WILD for David Tennant and Catherine Tate's long-awaited return: 'I have missed them so much!' Silence of the Royal sisters-in-law: Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle 'have not spoken in four years', claims Sussexes 'mouthpiece' Omid Scobie Dan Walker is seen for the first time after detailing his horror cancer scare as he arrives at Strictly studios to watch BBC show

Tyra Banks reveals the SECRET behind her ageless appearance as she avoids Botox ahead of turning 50 - and claims her partner LOVES her gray hair Very similar ingredients to the Aldi version. Although it looks much the same, runny and shiny, it has a slightly gritty texture and the flavour is salty. King Charles is a 'pampered' royal who has his shoelaces ironed for him and insists on travelling with luxurious steamed bed linen, Omid Scobie claims in new book During the 1980s, the spread was advertised with the slogan "My mate, Marmite", chanted in television commercials by an army platoon. The spread had been a standard vitamin supplement for British-based German POWs during the Second World War.

O

It helps you thrive from the inside out!': Meet the women who say this supplement is the secret to feeling fabulous in their 50s and 60s Amy Dowden admits she's 'missing dancing so much' after taking this year off Strictly amid cancer treatment as she poses with 2022 partnerGeorge Webster

By 1912, the discovery of vitamins was a boost for Marmite, as the spread is a rich source of the vitamin B complex; Ad Feature Staying IN your new going OUT? Here's your guide to an indulgent, cosy night at home... that won't break the... I'm A Celebrity rangers forced to intervene after a venomous snake slithers into camp while celebrities are sleeping

Marmite emojis

The Pogues star Shane MacGowan and wifeVictoria Mary Clarke celebrate their fifth wedding anniversary... amid his battle with brain condition

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment