276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Blue Giant Omnibus Vols. 1-2

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Blue Giant Supreme won the Mandō Kobayashi Manga Grand Prix 2018, created by comedian and manga enthusiast Kendo Kobayashi. It’s this that throws him into the company of Yukinori (Shotaro Mamiya) a former piano prodigy old before his time, prickly with those less talented or privileged than himself, and almost ready to give up the jazz game entirely. The incredible music strikes a chord deep inside him, and he immediately decides to dedicate himself to the saxophone.

It takes many chapters before he graduates from his hometown and sets off to find his fortune in Tokyo, although the manga continues beyond the events of this film, catapulting Dai out of Japan and off to the United States, where he finds a whole new set of adventures at the prestigious real-world Berklee College of Music. Country boy Dai Miyamoto (voiced by Yuki Tamada) moves to the big city of Tokyo in the hope of making it big as a jazz saxophonist. The Japan Society hosted the premiere in New York on October 6, 2023, in advance of screenings at North American theaters on October 8 and 9.

The main character, Dai, is always strong and straightforward,” Namba told Ryo Takayama in Tokion magazine. The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products. I also like that we aren’t told what the main character is rehearsing because it gives the reader a sense of freedom and lets you imagine his sound, because if you were to pull out a recording of Coltrane or Armstrong you wouldn’t hear the real him. It’s really very long and delicate, so it also allowed us to keep control over the quality of the image. When I first moved to Tokyo, I tried to overextend myself, thinking: ‘I mustn’t lose to the people from Tokyo!

A sequel, titled Blue Giant Supreme was serialized in Big Comic from September 2016 to April 2020, with its chapters compiled in ten tankōbon. Je pense que pour les passionnés de jazz où ceux qui veulent en apprendre un peu plus sur ce style de musique ne devraient pas hésité à l’acheter !

People probably wouldn't know the magic of jazz and the point of playing saxophone for hours in the snow, but people will understand his drive and his love for the art.

Written and illustrated by Shinichi Ishizuka [ ja], Blue Giant was serialized in Shogakukan's Big Comic from May 10, 2013, [3] [4] to August 25, 2016. beautiful development as he transforms from a boy to a man in both heartwarming and heartbreaking fashion. Although he can come across as being naive for how optimistic he is, it's that same quality that I think a lot of people can sympathize with. An absorbing manga that wonderfully transcribes the phases of musical learning, but also the passion for jazz and the surpassing of oneself. In North America, Seven Seas Entertainment announced the English release of Blue Giant in February 2020.This award-winning manga from Shinichi Ishizuka, compiled into five omnibus volumes for its English debut, is a pitch-perfect drama about the power of music. I didn't even perform all that well and was stuck on second violin (To those who get what I mean, will get what I mean when I say that lol), but without a doubt still loved music. What makes the story so good is both witnessing Miyamoto's ironclad passion for jazz and seeing how the characters around him react. A wonderful ambassador of jazz, Blue Giant is a great success in Japan and France, where the first volume has been published in 2018 by Glénat.

There is an old gospel song with the lyrics, “Take me back/take me back dear Lord/to the place where I first received You. Dai Miyamoto, a high school student living in Sendai City, Miyagi Prefecture, has a straight personality, but he was living a student life without knowing what he wanted to do in the future.He has no skills, no formal training, and no idea what he's up against, but his obsession drives him to play that instrument day after day.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment