276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Artingstall's Brilliant London Dry Gin 70cl | 42% abv

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The whole point of a Negroni is that the flavors are brash and bitter and hard to tame. But in this case, I think Artingstall’s actually does a pretty good job of pulling everything in line.

I have to go local on this one and say Bluecoat Gin. It’s very citrus-forward on the nose, with [a] lovely spicy and earthy taste. Definitely my favorite for a G&T.” —Damian Langarica, Head Bartender, a.bar, PhiladelphiaAlthough life in Hollywood and making major motion pictures is incredibly time-consuming, Paul has still found the time to pursue one of his greatest passions, the pursuit of liquid perfection. His latest major venture was to launch his brand new premium spirit, Artingstall’s Gin, into the U.K. market. Just recently I was at somebody’s house and I was making Martinis and I asked my friend if she’d like to try one. She said ‘I literally can’t have gin’ and explained she had a traumatic experience in her past with gin that put her off.” The gin recipe that Paul Feig selected became Artingstall’s, which the Minhas distillery produces and bottles. Product If I can suggest, I think a little bit of lemon peel would be useful here. I don’t think you need to go wild on the additions, just a touch of garnish should take this G&T from good to great. Enlisting the help of bartenders around the world, VinePair asked experts for their tried and true brands of gin. From classic London Dry and increasingly popular juniper-light styles, to several bartenders’ prized local products, keep reading for a list of gins sure to please any palate. The Best Gins Recommended by Bartenders

The process involved multiple visits to the distillery located in America’s Midwest, and obviously, a great deal of experimentation and tinkering. The final product was a signature blend of eleven botanicals, including coriander, cassia bark, orris root, and cardamom. He noted the gins that he “came upon”, which included Bombay Sapphire, had an “old-timey kind of flavour” from being so juniper-forward, which, while he found enjoyable, was not what he was looking to achieve with Artingstall’s Gin.I’m really digging two Los Angeles gins: Astral Pacific Gin from Spirit Guild and Amass Gin, both of which are made in the Arts District.” —Steve Livigni, Food and Beverage Partner, Hotel June, Los Angeles What really helps, I think, is the licorice root component. It seems to add a bit of an earthiness that counteracts the bitterness of the Campari and really helps to bring balance to the glass. From there, you actually do get a hint of citrus and just a glimmer of juniper, which is honestly more than I usually get from most gins when mixed in a Negroni. Fizz (Gin & Tonic) Feig said he plans to launch new Artingstall’s expressions in the future, and has already developed a recipe using grapefruit peel that “just makes it a little more clean tasting”, which he hopes to release next. It still has that Juniper because I want it to be a gin, obviously, but just not have it be that slug in the face.” Artingstall’s signature serve is a Perfectly Brilliant Martini

Gin is hard to pin down, perhaps more so than any other distillate, as the wide range of ingredients makes it variously suitable for different occasions. But, I have a place in my heart for the versatile, award-winning Broker’s Gin. A micro-distilled spirit from a 200-year-old recipe, it’s prepared in copper pot stills by two brothers with a quintessential British sense of humor. Just look for the bottle wearing a little bowler hat.” —Chris Keller, Bartender, Osaka Ramen, Denver One of my go-to gins right now is Artingstall’s London Dry Gin from director and producer Paul Feig. It’s a perfect blend of London Dry and New Western gin with a nice balance of juniper and citrus notes, making it super versatile. —Tobin Shea, Bar Director, Redbird and Vibiana, Los Angeles Although many will presume that Artingstall’s Gin was probably named after a place, it wasn’t. In fact, it is the maiden name of Paul Feig’s mother! Hollywood director Paul Feig has revealed that he curated his debut gin brand, Artingstall’s, with American consumers in mind. Artingstall’s Gin is presented at 42% ABVMethod: Add all ingredients to an old fashioned glass. Add ice and stir. Garnish with an orange peel.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment