276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Very Lively Murder (Three Dahlias Mysteries Book 2)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Rosalind receiving death threats, a missing Casting Director and a hit-and-run death of one of the film's stars prompts another Three Dahlias investigation, to discover whether the events are connected and who is to blame.

Katy Watson was able to keep me on my toes and I did not guess the culprit with plenty of twists along the way. Posy feels she is finally ready to make the role of Dahlia Lively her own, appearing alongside fellow Dahlia from the original films, Rosalind King who is playing an elderly relative. Now is the time for Posy Starling to shine as her version of Dahlia Lively takes to the small screen. This follow-up to The Three Dahlias finds our trio of actresses—Rosalind, Caro, and Posy, all past or present portrayers of the Golden Age detective Dahlia Lively—on the trail of another murderer. Posy had also registered the presence of Dominic Laugharne, another well-known actor of the old school.As a death rocks the production, the Dahlias turn sleuth, with a storm raging, there is more murder and they are cut off from help.

It gave nostalgia, it gave golden era detective sleuthing, and it gave anything an Agatha Christie fan would enjoy. I love the intertwining of film, books and Hollywood style life in this series, the little references to the Dahlia Lively books that begin each chapter are a lovely touch.This book is the second in the series with the promise of the third instalment just around the corner so fans of the first book can enjoy this book knowing there’s even more to come. This doesn't quite stick the landing as effectively as the first book did, but I still enjoyed it a lot—great escapist reading during a crappy work week—and will definitely be continuing on with the series.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment