276°
Posted 20 hours ago

ASUS Flip CM3200FM 12" 2 in 1 Chromebook - MediaTek Kompanio 8192 2.2GHz Processor 4GB RAM 64GB eMMC, Chrome OS Mineral grey - CM3200FM1A-HW0025

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The performance of the Chromebook Flip CM3200 is objectively underwhelming. It's one of the worst scoring devices when it comes to our Chromebook benchmarks by a healthy margin, so there is no getting around the fact that the MediaTek processor here is not going to be able to do much more than your basic computing tasks. The Asus Chromebook Flip CM3 is a budget Chrome OS 2-in-1 that exceeds the expectations established by its low price. It’s slower than I’d like, but it has great battery life and a solid, comfortable chassis. The keyboard could be larger and the touch screen a little more responsive, but the touchpad and active pen are excellent. And, the Asus Chromebook Flip C436F is perhaps one of the very few examples of these out there, with its combination of superb power, terrific feature set, premium build and a price tag that’s cheaper than its rivals. The Lenovo Chromebook Flex 5 is another Chrome OS 2-in-1 that’s similar in price and provides similar performance. Its build quality is a little better, but its battery life can’t match up. Multimedia, Budget Multimedia, Gaming, Budget Gaming, Lightweight Gaming, Business, Budget Office, Workstation, Subnotebooks, Ultrabooks, Chromebooks

As far as I/O ports are concerned, the machine doesn’t have a great quantity, but the variety it does have is surprising. On the right side, you’ll find a lone USB Type-C port alongside volume control buttons and a power button. The Asus Chromebook Flip CM3 feels solid enough to last for years of typical use. The biggest question is how Chrome OS advances — if it requires more CPU power at some point, the Asus Chromebook Flip CM3 won’t be able to keep up. The one-year warranty is fine at this price. Should you buy it? Remember when I asked about which corners were cut? Well, the simplest answer here is: Performance. The Asus Chromebook Flip CM3 uses a MediaTek MT8183 ARM CPU running at 2GHz. While this processor has been optimized for Chrome OS, there’s only one way to characterize it. It’s slow.Looking for a computer? There are many fantastic choices available, and you can get some incredible discounts on computers for sale.There is undoubtedly a model that is ideal for you, whether you're looking for a desktop, laptop, or smartphone. You're sure to discover the ideal model at the ideal price with so many models and brands to choose from. Underneath the tablet, you'll find two rubber strips that keep the machine firmly planted on your desk. The two ErgoLift hinges hold the keyboard and screen together and smoothly allow for 360-degree motion, providing just enough resistance so it doesn’t feel like you're snapping the machine in half. Overall, the build quality is more than sufficient. The hardware on this 2-in-1 honestly blows just about every other Chromebook out of the water when it comes to performance, not only making it one of the best 2-in-1 Chromebooks out there, it makes it one of the best Chromebooks, period. Before buying this laptop, you should keep one thing in mind – the Mediatek Kompanio 500 (MT8183) is not a performance SoC. And this is proven by both our CPU and GPU benchmarks, as well as the battery test. Actually, it was the latter, that come as the biggest surprise in our view. We were able to get through the whopping 14 hours of gaming, a virtue of GFXBench’s battery test. This is simply insane. You should keep your child away from this device at any cost. As we said at the beginning of this review, the Chromebook devices are viable only if you don’t need the performance and extra versatility of the Windows OS. And in this case, the Flip CM3 (CM3200) from ASUS can be a real treat for a young user, mainly thanks to its IPS display and great battery life. The new Apple M3 is the "most advanced chip ever built for a personal computer," according to Apple. Debuted during Apple's "Scary Fast" event and sporting a new process, the M3 promises up to 60% higher performance in some apps. But will it really be worth an upgrade over the M1 or M2?

Even though this is Chromebook model is a few years old by this point, its impressive specs still offer outstanding performance with an excellent thin and light design while costing less than newer 2-in-1 Chromebooks that don't perform as well as this one does, which is great if you're on a tighter budget. Combining a lightweight and svelte chassis with a 2-in-1 form factor that adds to its versatility, a level of performance to match that of flagships like the Google Pixelbook, and a price tag that’s accessible, the Asus Chromebook Flip has set the standard for these higher-tiered devices. It’s why it’s become such a beloved Asus laptop, and still among the best Chromebooks after all this time.MediaTek Kompanio 8192 2.2GHz Octa-Core Processor, 12" Touchscreen Convertible Display, Battery life: Up to 16 hours Everyone knows that Chromebooks are not powerful gaming laptops, but that won’t stop us from running the next benchmark, GFXBench 5.0,which is a cross-platform GPU benchmark that stress-tests both low-level and high-level game routines. The CM3 did do the best, but every machine in this test performed poorly, in both the 1440p Aztec Ruins test and the 1080p Car Chase test. If you’re looking to do some gaming on the go, your best bet is a Windows-based dedicated gaming laptop. The classroom might be the place where you see more 2-in-1 Chromebooks than anything else. That’s because a student can write up an assignment while in traditional laptop mode, and then flip it into tablet mode to take notes. And, professionals who rely mostly on the cloud will also appreciate the versatility of these notebooks since they’re made to work well with the cloud. The MediaTek processor might be slow, but it’s also efficient. The Asus Chromebook Flip CM3 equipped a 32 watt-hour battery, which isn’t particularly large even given the 12-inch low-resolution display.

Weighing in at 2.6 pounds (1.19kg), the Asus Chromebook Flip is one of the most lightweight Chromebooks around, only 0.3 lbs heavier than the Samsung Chromebook Plus. It’s also one of the first convertible Chrome OS computers you’ll actually want to use in tablet mode, unlike the 3.3-pound (1.5kg) Acer Chromebook R13. We enjoy using Android apps in tablet mode just as much as sitting down with the Asus Chromebook Flip as a conventional Chromebook for long browsing and writing sessions. The hybridization of Google’s two platforms also finally allows us use mobile apps along with the staple elements of Chrome OS. Rather than updating the 13-inch MacBook Pro with the new M3 chip, Apple has replaced it in the lineup with a new configuration of the 14-inch MacBook Pro featuring the M3. Acting as the entry-level MacBook Pro, this new configuration does away with the leftover oddities on the 13-inch MacBook Pro from its bygone era, such as the Touch Bar, worse screen, old webcam, outdated port selection, and big bezels. But as of today, this 13-inch MacBook Pro is no longer being sold by Apple -- and we should all be happy about that. The difference is hardly noticeable with the naked eye, but a 13.3-inch 1080p screen is technically 165 pixels per inch compared to the 137 ppi of the Asus Chromebook Flip CM3.This is a standard display format for tablet computers or small convertibles. You see more on the screen than on a smartphone but you can't use big resolutions well. On the other hand, mobility is not a problem.» To find out how fine a display is, see our DPI List. Customer satisfaction with ASUS notebooks concerns performance, the features, and the good price-performance ratio of ASUS notebooks. However, as with any brand, there are occasional reports of problems such as overheating, driver compatibility, or build quality issues.

Everyone knows that Chromebooks are not powerful gaming laptops, but that won’t stop us from running the next benchmark, GFXBench 5.0, which is a cross-platform GPU benchmark that stress-tests both low-level and high-level game routines. The CM3 did do the best, but every machine in this test performed poorly, in both the 1440p Aztec Ruins test and the 1080p Car Chase test. If you’re looking to do some gaming on the go, your best bet is a Windows-based dedicated gaming laptop.And while the display is slightly less than a full HD 1080p resolution, this doesn't make as much a difference on an 11.6-inch screen as it does on a larger laptop, so isn't as much of a compromise as it might seem at first. An 11.6-inch screen might be uncomfortable for some people to use for extended periods, though, especially if you're more accustomed to larger laptops. Choose from our wide range of computing accessories that are brilliant for making your experience complete. Choose from mice/keyboard, system components, computing cases, other computing accessories and many more. This has since been fixed by Asus, and now the device completely supports Google Play Store Android apps. Further information can be found in our Comparison of Mobile Graphics Cards and the corresponding Benchmark List. I’m an Analyst and ISF-certified TV calibrator focused on reviewing computer accessories, laptops, gaming monitors, and video games. I’ve been writing, playing, and complaining about games for as long as I remember, but it wasn’t until recently that I’ve been able to shout my opinions directly at a larger audience. My work has appeared on iMore, Windows Central, Android Central, and TWICE, and I have a diverse portfolio of editing work under my belt from my time spent at Scholastic and Oxford University Press. I also have a few book-author credits under my belt—I’ve contributed to the sci-fi anthology Under New Suns, and I’ve even written a Peppa Pig book.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment