276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Revolting Rhymes (Colour Edition)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Quentin Blake has been drawing ever since he can remember. He taught illustration for over twenty years at the Royal College of Art, of which he is an honorary professor. He has won many prizes, including the Hans Christian Andersen Award for Illustration, the Eleanor Farjeon Award and the Kate Greenaway Medal, and in 1999 he was appointed the first Children’s Laureate. In the 2013 New Year’s Honours List he was knighted for services to illustration.

Besides that, anyone who doesn't want to "expose" their young child to the corrupting influence of this book because of that one word, taken out of context, is extremely unrealistic about what sort of language they hear/use when they are in the school yard!Highly recommend if your wanting something a lil quirky and different to read. That will have you giggling at the crazy tales. Kudos, Mr. Dahl for dazzling and impressing. I am pleased to have added this to my buddy reads and hope others will find it enjoyable too. Dahl's modernise (and darker!) take on some of the most beloved fairytales is still just as fun and twisted all these years later.

Este libro ha sido mi primer acercamiento con Roald Dahl y me encantó (aunque me parece un tanto espeluznante para niños pequeños, aunque muchos cuentos clásicos también lo son🤔). Me gustó mucho su forma de narrar algunos cuentos clásicos (LA CENICIENTA, JUAN Y LA HABICHUELA MÁGICA, BLANCANIEVES Y LOS SIETE ENANOS, RIZOS DE ORO Y LOS TRES OSOS, CAPERUCITA ROJA Y EL LOBO y LOS TRES CERDITOS) en verso y dándoles sus propios giros.

I think Revolting Rhymes is a very good book and if you like this book you would like lots of Roald Dahl's other stories. There are a total of six poems in the book, each of the featured fairy tales humorously deviating from the traditional version. Information on identifying editions is from Richard Walker’s “Roald Dahl – A Guide to Collecting His First Editions”. Baldwin, Emma. "Cinderella by Roald Dahl". Poem Analysis, https://poemanalysis.com/roald-dahl/cinderella/. Accessed 1 November 2023. I really enjoyed this book full of short stories! All the short stories were remakes of fairy tales. They were all gruesome and some of them even intertwined.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment