276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Zoom H4nPro/UK Handy Recorder

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

You can loop playback and independently adjust speed and pitch, making the H4n Pro an effective tool for phrase training. Because the onboard mics are configured for stereo, your four-track options can seem limited, but you could bypass them using the mini‑jack input and a splitter cable for a pair of battery-powered mono mics.

Zoom H4n Pro Black – Thomann UK Zoom H4n Pro Black – Thomann UK

The H5 provides four tracks of simultaneous recording and, like our flagship H6, it can use all Zoom interchangeable input capsules, allowing you to choose the best microphone for every recording situation. This is much more than you can imagine for a small device, that will go Anywhere, as your sole input for recording DI. The Pro's Multitrack Mode turns it into a four-track studio, complete with overdubbing, onboard effects, and the capability of working with previously recorded sound files. Capture two seconds* of audio before you hit RECORD with the Pre-Record function and never miss the start of a great take.

In either case, 32 GB is way overkill, or at least it is for me who has never used more than a few hours in one go. Record time-stamped WAV files and sync the audio with video footage in post production, or embed hi-fi audio directly in your video in real time, via an 1/8" stereo feed.

Zoom - H4nPro/BLK UK Version - Portable 4-track recorder - X

The improved noise floor (-120 dBu EIN) captures audio at lower volumes with less noise and fewer artifacts. It records and plays back at resolutions up to 24-bit/96kHz and boasts an improved noise floor that captures low-volume audio with few artifacts and vanishingly low noise.If you’re not sure why that’s notable, just know that preamps are responsible for boosting a weak mic signal– and the better the preamps, the lower the unwanted noise. Stereo Mode: Stereo Mode can be used with the built-in X/Y microphones or external mics, and is convenient for recording live performances, acoustic instruments, and more. With the H4N, you still get a multitrack mixer, but the onboard mics and external inputs can be used simultaneously. I would recommend this to anyone looking to make decent recordings on a small, robust and portable device.

Zoom H4N PRO Stereo Handy Recorder in Black

The controls of the Zoom H4N — particularly those on the side panels — are much more intuitive to use than those of its predecessor, the H4. Though I’ve personally never run into the issue of an accidentally disconnected cable with my H5, the security of the H4n Pro jacks could be important in environments where people and gear are constantly being moved around.The track-selection buttons double up to provide shortcut keys for some of the more commonly used functions — folder and file selection, playback speed (yes, you can slow down tracks, without pitch change, to learn your guitar licks), and recording format. My only complaint is that it's the buttons and scroll wheel make things a little difficult to navigate. The H4N is justifiably a little pricier than its H‑series predecessors, given the improvements that have been made, but although there's a lot of 'bonus' functionality I can't imagine using, you're not paying a premium for it.

H4n Pro - ZOOM H4n Pro - ZOOM

Channel Mode: 4-Channel Mode records with the built-in X/Y mics and two external inputs to capture live room sound and a stereo board feed at the same time. The H4n Pro features high performance, low-noise mic preamps with recording resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.Haven't tried external microphones or plug in instrument yet as the base unit does all I presently require. Also, the two extra mic inputs should be really useful when it comes to band rehearsals and, I'm hoping, to record a drum kit using the on-board mics as overheads and separate mics for the kick and snare. The H4's four‑track mixer enabled you to do basic overdubbing, and to apply effects to your recordings, but despite having two mics and two external inputs, it wasn't capable of simultaneous four‑track recording.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment