276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Other Indoor Snowballs Pack of 20

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Once you’ve made your coconut snowball cakes they will keep for a few days in a sealed container, but I bet they won’t last that long….. Can you freeze Scottish snowballs?

It’s a simple water icing that is used to coat your snowballs in preparation for their coconut finish. And because we are making an icing, icing sugar (also known as confectioners sugar or powdered sugar) is a must. Pull off pieces of dough about the size of a walnut and place on a lines baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes till golden. Place the oats and 1 cup of shredded coconut in a large bowl. Set aside. (Reserve the remaining coconut for step 3.) Combine the butter, sugar, milk, cocoa, and salt together in a large saucepan over medium heat. Whisk until the butter melts, then bring to a boil. Allow to boil for 1 minute without whisking. Remove from heat, stir in the vanilla extract, then pour over the oats/coconut. Stir until combined. Cover tightly with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and chill for at least 45 minutes and up to 2-3 days.The main flavours in our snowballs come from the jam and coconut coating but we still want some sweetness in the bun to compliment these flavours. Caster sugar is ideal but in a pinch some granulated sugar could work too but may give your buns a slightly grainier texture. Yes, you can freeze the actuals snowball cakes before you get to the jam filling and icing stage. Just wrap them well in cling film and a freezer bag and they will keep for up to 3 months. In this recipe, milk is needed to add a little more moisture to the snowball buns. It’s personal preference as to what kind of milk you use – dairy, soya and coconut are all great options. So what are these snowball cakes? Well, Scottish snowballs are almost like a cross between shortbread and a scone. They aren’t out and out cake-like in texture. Break off pieces of the dough to bun seized shapes – I won’t judge you on what size of snowballs you would like. Just make sure you have enough to make pairs of cake to make full snowballs.

Meanwhile, pulse the remaining coconut in a food processor to break it down. It’s easier to coat the balls when the coconut shreds are broken up/smaller. The cake I remember most from my childhood has to be traditional Scottish snowballs. These dense coconut covered cakes with jam oozing from the centre were our Saturday morning treat when my Mum and I went to the local bakery. I’ve used raspberry jam as a filling here as it’s my fave. You could use whatever jam you like as a filling. A little bit of salt is added to your bun dough, to help balance out the sweetness. The quantity listed in the recipe is reflective of using a typical table salt – if you use something like sea salt, this could alter the taste slightly.Today’s no-bake chocolate coconut snowballs cover all the bases. Also, if you’re looking to include some gluten free dessert recipes, this one fits the bill. You can make them now and freeze them for later, they’re easy, and they add a festive look to the entire tray. Plus, they’re delicious! Here’s The Plan

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment