276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Baloo Soft 5.4kg Weighted Throw, Heavy Quilted Blanket in Pebble White, 107x183 cm

£89.5£179.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

You don't have permission to access "http://www.argos.co.uk/browse/home-and-furniture/home-furnishings/blankets-and-throws/c:29526/" on this server. They're heavy because they have plastic or glass beads stitched inside, which compress the body gently. This helps to reduce restlessness and promote feelings of calm.

Read on to find out what to look for when choosing the best weighted blanket for your needs. What to look for in a weighted blanket Depending on availability, we test up to three weights for each blanket. This allows us to gauge how comfortable the blanket is for different weight groups. Eron K, Kohnert L, Watters A, Logan C, Weisner-Rose M, Mehler PS. Weighted Blanket Use: A Systematic Review. Am J Occup Ther. 2020 Mar/Apr;74(2):7402205010p1-7402205010p14. doi: 10.5014/ajot.2020.037358 The blanket is made with 100% cotton that feels heavy but does not trap body heat. Thanks to its knit design, the model is a good option for people who tend to run hot during sleep or are looking for a blanket that can be used year-round, including in warmer seasons. Nine color options are available.Some people should avoid weighted blankets, or at least consult with a physician before using one. For instance, you should definitely have a word with your doctor about weighted blankets if you live with a chronic respiratory or circulatory issue, such as asthma, low blood pressure, or type 2 diabetes. Some weighted blanket manufacturers actively discourage people with these conditions from using their products. Although this is not always the case, some heavier weighted blankets are wider and/or longer than their lighter counterparts. Most weighted blankets are designed for single person use, so twin is the most common size offered by manufacturers. A common size for larger weighted blankets is 60 inches wide by 80 inches long, which corresponds to a queen size mattress. We didn’t like: It’s not machine washable and is only available in grey. Also, while this isn’t really the blanket’s fault, I tried the 4.5kg option and, frankly, it wasn’t heavy enough. The blanket is available in three sizes, each carrying a different weight. The medium is 15 pounds, the large is 18 pounds, and the extra large is 30 pounds. Unlike some weighted blankets, this model is entirely machine-washable – including both the inner blanket and cover. Many weighted blankets are specifically designed for children. A weighted blanket for kids will range between 3 and 10 pounds. If your child weighs more than 100 pounds, then a blanket for adults or children may be more suitable.

With two different weight options (7kg and 9kg), this weighted blanket from John Lewis will be a luxurious addition to your home. We liked: Loving this cool knitted design – way more ~aesthetic~ than the typical beaded number. Also, it comes in colours other than grey! In fact, it comes in four shades – forest green, ochre yellow, navy… and grey. However, after a couple of nights of our partner using the weighted blanket, we noticed that the deepness of their sleep improved significantly resulting in both of us getting a much more pleasant night's sleep. A weighted blanket provides a deep constant pressure on your body that helps you relax and unwind and can help you sleep better. It’s a bit like being hugged and has a nice, calming, cocooning effect.So, keeping these weight guidelines in mind, we tried out the most-hyped weighted blankets on the market. Here’s the lowdown on what we thought. Another weighted blanket with a luxury soft cover, this design from Rocabi comes in three different weights: 15lbs, 25lbs and 30lbs. We liked: I loved this blanket. It was a little lighter than some of those I’ve tried, but still heavy enough to stop me tossing and turning in bed, so I sleep really deeply when I use it. The cover is removable but there are enough ties inside to keep it secure, so it’s easy to move. Even better, unlike the John Lewis one, which can only be spot cleaned, I can throw this one’s cover in the wash to refresh it if I ever need to. Many of the hot sleepers on our team find weighted blankets uncomfortable due to heat retention, but the Hush Iced 2.0 is made with materials that prevent heat from building up too much. We found the bamboo-derived viscose cover helped keep the body cooler than other weighted blankets we’ve tested.”

Machine wash, not dry:Some weighted blankets can be washed in a machine as a whole, but should be air dried rather than machine dried. Storage & organisation Furniture Textiles Kitchenware & tableware Kitchens Lighting Decoration Rugs, mats & flooring Beds & mattresses Baby & children Smart home Bathroom products Laundry & cleaning Plants & plant pots Home electronics Home improvement Outdoor living Food & beverages Christmas Shop Shop by roomThe blanket is available in weights of 12, 15, 20, or 25 pounds, making it ideal for adults between 120 and 250 pounds. The cover and liner feature double-stitched baffles for the beads to distribute their weight evenly across your body. The entire blanket can be laundered in any household machine. Simply wash on a cold, gentle cycle and tumble dry on a low setting. This makes the blanket relatively easy to clean since many competing models are not completely machine-washable. Multiple fabric options made the Luxome blanket versatile and comfortable for a wide range of testers on our team. Between the minky and the lyocell fabrics, the blanket should satisfy sleepers who run hot, cold, and everything in between.” Weighted blankets are more expensive than standard blankets and prices vary depending on the weight, size, fabric and manufacturer.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment