276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Nistisima: The secret to delicious Mediterranean vegan food, the Sunday Times bestseller and voted OFM Best Cookbook

£13£26.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Clarks are the husband-and-wife team behind Moro, the iconic London restaurant that opened in 1997 and has made Moorish cooking a thing, as well as training a generation of chefs – Oliver Rowe and Jacob Kenedy among them. I didn’t know what I wanted to do after uni, but all I knew was that I was obsessed with food, cooking and art. As she visited the mother's Sri Lankan home, the British-born author gathered recipes which celebrate authentic Sri Lankan cooking, recognising its many influences from Malay and Indian through to Portuguese and British.

Nistisima: The Secret to Delicious Vegan Cooking from the

We loved Dalston's Oren restaurant when we visited, so we can't wait to get stuck into this book which celebrates the chef patron's city of inspiration, Tel Aviv. This is one of those – a collection of mainly vegan recipes from countries where abstaining from meat for religious or cultural reasons is the norm. Birditt’s A Portrait of British Cheese highlight the best of British food and cooking, while Georgina Hayden’s Nistisima and Anna Higham’s The Last Bite highlight exceptional vegan cooking and baking, respectively. Philip Stone, media manager at Nielsen BookData, says: “Overall, sales of cookbooks in the UK in 2022 are down six per cent versus pre-pandemic levels [compared with 2019, year-to-date]. The dishes in chapters “Easy toasts”, “Easy dairy” and “Easy one-pots” give rewarding results to the time-poor.

This book is the sunny window that everyone needs: open it to flood your kitchen with Mediterranean sun, delicious food and great stories.

Georgina Hayden – Feeding since 1982

To say she was surprised would be an understatement, despite the enthusiastic reception for the book when it was published in March. For this, each of the chapters looks at an ingredient that Oded grew up with, allowing him to tell his own story through the food of his childhood. Whether you’re a cheese fancier, vegan-curious, accomplished baker in need of a challenge, or just after recipes that will breathe new life into your repertoire, there’s a cookbook for you.Georgina Hayden was at a family wedding on the Greek island of Lefkada when she heard that Nistisima had been voted Best New Cookbook at this year’s OFM Awards. I made a YouTube channel about 50 million years later than the rest of the world and put them all on there. The devilled paneer version we tested was hot, sweet, and layered with spice but deceptively easy to put together. In this beautiful cookbook filled with stories, tips, tricks, and striking four-color photography, Georgina Hayden looks to Greece, Cyprus, and beyond to share delicious, almost entirely natural dishes. Head chef George may now have left the kitchens of this Lambeth restaurant, but his parting shot was to unveil this gorgeous cookbook.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment