276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hex

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Griselda is a tragic figure, abused by her alcoholic ex-husband and bringing up a child by herself in a situation in which everyone knows her name and circumstances, she has more down to earth things to deal with than the supernatural. As an outsider herself it is not surprising that she begins to relate to and idolise the Witch. Together with the cast of families and supporting characters, Olde Heuvelt builds up a familiar picture of a believable community. This makes the reader invested in their fates, and makes their descent into madness and destruction all the more horrifying. Hex is hands down the creepiest book I have ever read. Yes thanks SO much to the author for those nightmares. Loved it. When a book genuinely disturbs you, you know you are onto a good thing. It was creepy and it was horrific, but what made this book different to so many horrors that I read is that the supernatural wasn't to blame. Yes, there was always a supernatural presence there, but the real atrocity, the real horror, is how people treat each other. So, in this isolated community different rules apply. Anybody who breaks these rules and thus acts against the community will expect severe punishment.

Todo un acierto elegir éste libro como lectura conjunta de Halloween con mi alma gemela en éste maravilloso universo de libros 📚📚📚 Y las dos hemos dado de pleno ❤

Apply Pantone Colors In Photoshop

Thomas Olde Heuvelt (1983) is the international bestselling author of HEX. The much-praised novel was published in over twenty-five countries around the world and is currently in development for TV by Gary Dauberman. Olde Heuvelt, whose last name in Dutch dialect means “Old Hill,” was the first ever translated author to win a Hugo Award for his short story "The Day the World Turned Upside Down". Contada en presente y en primera persona se centra en hablar sobre las injusticias que vivimos las mujeres, tanto en la época de Geillis como en la de Iris, especialmente en cuanto a los roles que se nos ha obligado a asumir a lo largo de la historia, a las consecuencias que tiene salirse de ellos y al abuso por parte de los hombres. As the hours pass and dawn approaches, Geillis recounts the circumstances of her arrest, brutal torture, confession and trial, while Iris offers support, solace - and the tantalising prospect of escape. this was written in 2013 and originally set in a small dutch town, and i really liked this part of the author’s afterword: But the dude characters are just as boring and one-dimensional as the nasty fat pâté lady. I did not care about anyone in this book. For a novel that's supposedly about a town, I had virtually no sense of anyone in the community. They were all cardboard cutouts with vaguely silly names. Like a silly haunted tram ride at Universal Studios.

Quien vive allí tiene que aprender a convivir con ella, no hay otra. Algo que llevan arrastrando desde hace nada menos que 350 años. Ni se transmite lo extraordinario que es su encuentro ni se específica claramente cómo es posible que algo tan increíble haya ocurrido. Iris es simplemente una excusa para que Geillis pueda darnos su testimonio. Hay datos que se repiten, desapego emocional en la narración y falta de profundidad en los personajes. En más de una ocasión, me dio la sensación de que la autora daba por hecho que teníamos que saber ciertos detalles de antemano. La familia de Geillis apenas es mencionada y el papel de sus agresores es difuso. Queda claro cómo fue el ataque que sufrió, el cual es totalmente injustificable, pero se da a entender que fue algo que se gestó con anterioridad a raíz de una serie de sucesos. Me hubiera gustado saber mejor el trasfondo de lo que sucedió y cómo esos malnacidos consiguieron que nadie condenara sus actos. Spielbergian in the way Olde Heuvelt shows supernatural goings-on in the midst of everyday life... It’s a fabulous, unforgettable conceit and Olde Heuvelt makes the most of it.” ―The Guardian La autora a través de este encuentro es que nos va relatando lo que le sucedió a Geillis, las injusticias que tuvo que pasar por la ignorancia, odio, arrogancia y poder de unos pocos. En la que Iris se transforma en el oído, apoyo y contención de los últimos momentos de Geillis.

Aún con sus defectos que le pasaron factura es una historia que merece la pena. Es rara como ella sola. Extravagante. Es original, eso desde luego.. Updated now that I finished the whole book.) 4 stars: "I really liked it." Warnings for sexual violence, violence toward animals, violence toward children.

Brutalidad, fanatismo, supersticiones, ambientación sobrenatural con una atmósfera oscura y decadente. Eso y más en Hex. BUT, here's the problem with this book. I liked no one in this book, the descriptions got a bit too wordy and I lost some of the scare factor at the end. I was just happy that the town burned to hell and everyone died. Does this make me a bad person?! Está narrado en época actual pero teñido de épocas pasadas, con procedimientos de dudosa moralidad que nos transportan irremediablemente al medievo. Mezcla la tecnología con las historias de hace siglos de forma magistral.La novela es espectacular. Y no son palabras mayores. El libro es terror sobrenatural pero contiene lo que para mí es la literatura, un intento de mezclar varias cosas para que el final consigas un mensaje en medio de todo y aquí eso se ve a leguas en la segunda parte, justo en los últimos capítulos. Hex es un estudio sociológico de como actuaría el ser humano ante una situación que se les sale de las manos, que le es incomprensible y no puede ser explicado por ninguna rama del estudio. Aquello que queda fuera de todo control humano. Y la respuesta de esas mismas personas en su conjunto puede ser algo totalmente aterrador y fuera de los límites sanos y cuerdos con los que se han educado. When some of the teenagers become frustrated with living under such strict regulations, they start acting out towards the ghost. Their cruel actions ultimately cause all hell to break loose. extry points given to me, by me, for choosing a book that has been in my house for more than a year. Jenni is an award winning, critically acclaimed poet and novelist. She is published in eight languages. A Granta Best of Young British Novelist (once-in-a-decade-accolade), Scottish Novelist of the Year (2016), Pushchart nominated, on lists for BBC International Short Story Prize, Impac Dublin, The Sunday Times Short Story Award, Encore, among others. Al principio cuesta un poco entrar en la historia porque el primer capítulo y la escena que se nos detalla es muy WTF!!??😂😂 Pero cuando se empiezan a explicar hechos y situar en el contexto, es una auténtica maravilla 😍

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment