276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Just For The Summer

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As they spend more time together, Jake and Sam start to develop feelings for each other. However, Jake's failed marriage and fear of commitment make him hesitant to pursue a relationship with Sam. Meanwhile, Sam is hesitant to get involved with someone who may only be staying for the summer. This story takes place in the lovely small village of Willowbury, where a small town romance will bloom.

When Kate Harris accepts the job of redecorating her brother Aidan’s house in the picturesque town of Willowbury, she knows it’s just a stop gap before she has to decide what to do with the rest of her life. While her three sons spend the summer holiday with their father, Kate has an opportunity to prove to herself that there is a new life, after her divorce. This is, indeed, a slow burning romance between two fairly prudent adults who are reluctant to throw caution to the wind. In between those life happenings, Keenan gives you a front row seat into why they are who they are and builds the barriers right before your eyes that you hope are torn down by the end of the book. Don’t worry. I won’t spoil it for you. Whilst in Willowbury, Kate turns her hand to decorating. With her brother away on holiday, she offers to paint his house in return for some rent-free living. This evolves to painting the local bookshop, Vale Volumes, and introduces her to the owner, Harry. As the story progresses, Kate finds her attraction growing for this Somerset village, not to mention the closeness she finds with Harry. Her dilemma about where to live troubles her, especially when it becomes clear that her eldest son is not exactly settled with her ex-husband’s living circumstances.Emma hadn't planned that her next assignment as a traveling nurse would be in Minnesota, but she and her best friend agree that dating Justin is too good of an opportunity to pass up, especially when they get to rent an adorable cottage on a private island on Lake Minnetonka.

It's a stop gap, but it's also the ideal opportunity for Kate to decide what to do with her life, her and her husband have been divorced for two years now, and although they share custody of their three sons, and Kate's ex is in another relationship, there is no one special in Kate's life as yet. Kate is a divorced 39 year old with 3 sons. Before she has found a new home, her family home is sold. So her brother Aiden asks her to spend the summer redecorating/painting his house across the country in Willowbury. Although this is part of a series, I certainly did not notice. True, I could recognise where the other stories would feature and which characters would be the focus, but I don’t think it stopped me from enjoying the narrative. The book is so focussed on Kate that the other characters are more of a satellite to her journey. This was a pleasant read with a happy-ever-after ending. I liked the setting the most and the slow pace that comes from living in Willowbury. In this book, we follow the story of Emma and Justin, and boy let me tell you, they’re going through it. I can’t tell much because I don’t want to spoil it since we don’t technically find out about it a few chapters into the book--but there’s a lot of stuff that they both have to sort through.I have been a fan of Fay’s work for a while now. I just love her stories. ‘Just For The Summer’ is the third book in the bestselling ‘Willowbury’ series. It is another corker of a read, which I thoroughly enjoyed reading but more about that in a bit. Just for the Summer by Fay Keenan is the third book in her Willowbury Book series. Such a fun book, with great characters in a quaint British rural village.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment