276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Big Gay Comic Book #1

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

For those unaware, GLAAD is an American monitoring organisation, founded in 1985 as the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation – although now known solely by the acronym, so as not to exclude bi, trans, and other queer people – to combat homophobia in reporting and to lobby for better representation in media. Since 1989, the GLAAD Media Awards have celebrated excellence in LGBTQ+ broadcasting and publishing, initially focussing entirely on TV but in recent years encompassing more varied creative outlets. On the archipelago, Lizzy cares for her grandfather and their goats, flirts with the ferrywoman, and avoids the fog and monsters that come with night. But when she steals coins from a sacred well to cover a debt, her life is turned upside down. And his erotic work is, I think, genuinely some of the best that’s coming out of the entire queer comics landscape right now. So if you’re looking specifically for erotic queer comics recommendations, you really can’t do better than what Otava is doing right now. Two thumbs extremely up for his work in particular. An action-adventure modern fantasy story with an entire cast of queer characters, starring a gay trans girl and her weird friends! Widdershins is a series of Victorian-era adventure stories, set in the fictional town of Widdershins, West Yorkshire- England’s magical epicentre, home to bounty hunters, failed wizards, stage magicians, and more, besides.

How to be Ace takes us through Rebecca’s life from her school life where she was bullied and confused to an adult struggling with her identity and experiencing anxiety and OCD. It’s insightful, honest, and depicts asexual relationships in ways that we’re yet to see elsewhere. Melanie recommended Artie and the Wolf Moon by Olivia Stephens, and I want to shout that out again. I feel like that book hasn’t gotten as much attention as it really should have. That can be a little crossover recommendation. But I’ve come up with a few more of my own. I’m a huge fan of Rosemary Valero-O’Connell’s work. She’s done really wonderful work with Mariko Tamaki on Laura Dean Keeps Breaking Up With Me. But I actually want to shout out her solo work. What Is Left and Don’t Go Without Me are two fantastic short stories. They’re both really, really beautiful. They have similar beats, but in totally different settings.Not all heroes wear capes. Some do, but not all. Seth was one such person when their life changed forever. We follow a Latinx non-binary cutie as they learn to be a hero and maybe get a smooch or two along the way.

A lighthearted look at life, live and sports through the eyes of Casey Wilkes, a young gay man in his late 20’s, living in New York City. Finally, Trung Le Nguyen’s The Magic Fish, published by Random House Graphic, may end up being the underdog that sweeps the prize. The self-contained graphic novel is a coming-of-age story focussing on Tiến, a young Vietnamese-American boy struggling to bridge a cultural and linguistic divide, and explain to his parents that he’s gay. This is the story of a queer teenager who made a few bad decisions and has found themselves in a world very far from Queens.The world has never been the same since the Fall. Over two thirds of the human population are dead, otherworldly abominations wander the ruins, and the occult runs rampant. In hopes of salvaging the only scrap of family remaining in her life, aloof courier Avril seeks an Anathema, a creature rumored to have the abilities that she’ll need if she wishes to be reunited with her blood. (Two of the main characters are asexual. Most others are on the queer spectrum.) This was originally an indie zine that got a bunch of extra content added to it. It’s sweet, it’s short, and it builds upon characters I already know and love. And it reminds me of the fan-work zine-trading culture and community. When I was younger, I started doing comics by making my own Doraemon stories. And I just love this kind of stuff. So it makes these characters gay, with these sweet, short moments of domestic bliss. E.K. Weaver, The Less Than Epic Adventures of TJ and Amal Our main protagonist, Mia, is part of a crew that rebuilds beautiful and broken-down structures throughout space, piecing the past together. While Hollywood continues to drag its feet when it comes to meaningful and realistic LGBTQ representation, the world of comics, manga and graphic novels has long been a place for queer people to see reflections of themselves. GQutie (pronounced gee-cutie!) is an autobiographical comic detailing one genderqueer artist’s thoughts, discoveries, and encounters when it comes to their gender and everything connected to it (which is a lot of things, it turns out).

Everyone knows this book, but I will continue to recommend it. Most people have already read it, but it still stands out, because of the way it intersects queerness with the ideas of immigration and family and fairy tales. It made me realize there is so much to be done with the idea of history and magic with queerness. And it’s starting to appear even more. I feel like I’m seeing it in more books.

Julian Drees is experiencing his first love with the extremely popular, dreamy, wonderful, — yet completely anonymous — romance novelist Sydney Morgan. The mission? Identify Sydney Morgan.

First off, she has created a compelling yet terrifying matriarchal society with so many intricate moving parts. The story of two women — Hazel, struggling with an English degree, and Jamie, her buxom and fun best friend. This is ONLY the beginning of what’s out there in LGBTA webcomics! Continue on over to our SECOND set of 40 queer webcomics — with more asexual and nonbinary representation — here. The story of Acácio do Nascimento, a man who was subjected to several treatments looking for a supposed cure for his homosexuality.A coming-of-age story with magic, gems, and swords, Agents of the Realm stars five women who become super-powered sword-fighters, all while trying to get to college class on time! Lumberjanesbegan as a celebration of female strength and friendship. It’s a corny, cheeky, cheerful comic book series that pops with colour and goofy humour. A campy, raucous ride for all ages. James Tynion IV: I primarily write horror comics, and I like stories that make you uncomfortable, that show the ugly sides of humanity, that lean into human discomfort. I like very human stories, where humans have to grapple with the parts of themselves they don’t particularly like. Queer graphic novels are a diverse and growing genre that reflects the diversity of the queer community, they’re full of the real lived experiences of those in the community and fantasy worlds that centre queer love and lives.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment