276°
Posted 20 hours ago

LEGO 76831 Disney and Pixar’s Lightyear Zurg Battle Buildable Robot Toy with Mech Action Figure and Buzz Minifigure & 42134 Technic Monster Jam Megalodon

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Nevertheless, the lime green decoration and bulky shoulder armour remain, shared with Izzy Hawthorne. These minifigures are nearly identical, integrating studs on their armour to attach wings. Only one pair of wings is supplied, but it looks excellent. The printing across the reverse includes brilliant detail and I like the dark tan colour, perhaps suggesting that the wings are still experimental. PurpleDave I’m full aware of the concept of the film and its characters. I just think that, in the case of Zurg, the in-universe toy designers went pretty far from the source material. “Toy”/video game Zurg is maybe a bit taller than Buzz Lightyear, wears a cape and robe-like armor, and has fairly spindly arms. The Lightyear variant looks more like the toy version hopped into a bipedal exoskeleton for a final boss style throw down. He towers over the human characters even when they’re not in Lego form and looks like he should be fighting Buzz Lightyear’s SHIP, not Buzz Lightyear himself. The arms are probably the most familiar aspect of this model, since their construction is quite similar to the Marvel character mechs. The ball joints provide reasonable movement, but their articulation is partially obstructed by the bulky shoulders. I am also surprised that the designer did not include Zurg's famous ion blaster, since we know that appears during the movie.

The front appears bland by comparison, without any decoration. Both space rangers include printed arms though, which was a pleasant surprise. The differences between them are also surprising, as Buzz includes a bulkier laser emitter than Izzy. Moreover, the minifigures each feature alternative heads, with their lavender balaclavas or without. But here, the designer really went above and beyond to boost the figure's sense of authenticity. Perhaps those details were emphasized in the reference material given to the designers (who knows, maybe in the film Zurg's segmented spinal column turns out to be an important "weak point"). Or perhaps the set designer just saw an opportunity to squeeze a little more detail into the model's assigned price point. Either way, it's a nice surprise that I wouldn't ordinarily expect from a set like this. Fans can reimagine scenes from the film, the definitive origin story of the LEGO Buzz Lightyear toy. They’ll battle the evil Emperor Zurg a buildable robot mech toy with movable arms and legs, using Izzy’s cool stud shooter and Buzz’s wrist laser. This collectible Disney buildable toy also encourages fans to venture off script and create cool new battle stories of their own where they’ll learn that by working as a team they can beat the bad guys!But don’t they have helmets? I mean, should i use my imagination and picture them myself? Or don’t they have those fishbowl helmets in the movie?" The Disney buildable toy for kids 7+ years old is the best birthday gift for Space-Rangers-in-training who love Disney and Pixar’s Lightyear

Transport space fans to the exciting interplanetary world of Disney and Pixar’s Lightyear with Zurg Battle (76831) outer space toy. This creative buildable toy for kids 7+ years old delivers out-of-this-world fun as little Space Rangers join the Buzz Lightyear and Izzy minifigures and Sox the cat to beat evil villain Zurg and reclaim the fuel cell. The set was provided for review by LEGO. All opinions expressed are those of the author. Minifigures While myriad differences exist between Zurg's appearances during Lightyear and Toy Story 2, the head remains relatively similar. Zurg's distinctive yellow mouth and red eyes are certainly familiar, while his horns resemble the established design, albeit less exaggerated. This head component features extensive detail and can rotate, but its inability to look down towards the minifigures is unfortunate. Robots and mechs are incredibly common across the present LEGO range and risk becoming repetitive, especially since their sizes are often similar. Zurg introduces some unusual features though, reaching 14cm in height. This is smaller than I assumed, but exists between the Marvel character mechs and larger examples, such as mechs from NINJAGO or the varied Hulkbuster designs. The prints on my LEGO sets from the Seventies, Eighties and Nineties also still hold up perfectly today.Buzz Lightyear wears his distinctive space ranger armour and accordingly resembles earlier minifigures. However, this design seems more functional, reflecting its presentation during the new film. For example, the segmented armour around Buzz's midriff features greater detail and the bright purple highlights have been replaced with lavender, which seems slightly less garish.

Hair elements and double-sided heads are therefore included. Buzz's chin dimple is visible and his confident expressions look great, while Izzy also displays different smiles. The set contains various accessories as well, including laser guns, a trans-red laser beam and a fuel cell which displays crystal designs on both sides. The dark bluish grey accessory holder attached here is new in this colour. Kids help stop Zurg from stealing the fuel cell from Buzz’s spacecraft with a range of cool weapons: a wrist laser, blaster and stud shooter Unfortunately, despite being such an impeccable buildable figure design, I can't say I have any real interest in this set or the movie it's based on. I loved the first three Toy Story movies, but everything since then has felt kind of superfluous to me, and none of the trailers or press material have really piqued my interest at all.This model therefore includes small ball joints, which appear frequently and permit reasonable motion, alongside peculiar hinged knees. Knee articulation inevitably broadens the options for posing, although not necessarily to the degree I anticipated. Regardless, this rendition of Zurg appears suitably large beside minifigures and captures his classic purple colour. I think the implication is the armor and such is still in the prototype phase, so helmets should come later."

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment