276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Gonex Snake Gaiters, Waterproof Snake Guards, Snake Bite Protection for Lower Legs, Snake Proof Gaiters Fit for Men & Women, Adjustable Size

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

When choosing a pair of gaiters, you want to ensure that they make a good seal around both your footwear and calf or ankle. After all, their primary function is to keep out moisture and debris. If there are holes or sagging spots, water and dirt will find their way in. Gaiters should fit pretty snug. You shouldn’t be able to fit a finger between the bottom of the gaiters and your shoes. When it comes to protection against snakes, most of us would rather some form of deterrent against snakesto avoid coming that close to one in the first place. Unfortunately, our lifestyles often take us into areas inhabited by some of the world’s deadliest snakes. This creates the need for some kind of ‘body armour’ against those slithery serpents. They add weight- Many hikers are going ultralight these days. Gaiters are just an extra piece of gear to carry around. Depending on the style you choose, gaiters weigh from 2-12 ounces (around 60-340 grams). First and foremost, it is crucial to understand that snakes are most active in hot weather conditions or the hottest time of the day. Venomous species include coral snakes, rattlesnakes, water moccasins, and copperheads. The list may vary depending on your location and weather.

Open the gaiters completely- Undo the Velcro, instep strap, and any other straps or drawcords that are tightened. You want the gaiters to lay completely flat. Waterproof- Hiking and mountaineering gaiters are generally made from waterproof materials to keep moisture out while hiking in the rain or snow or while walking through wet brush. The extent to which protection covers your leg determines your safety. A good one must cover the calf and entire foot. f. Opt for better strength Cold days- below the knee height gaiters provide a bit of extra warmth for your lower legs. Some gaiters made for winter hiking include insulation for even more warmth. All gaiters trap some heat in your shoes, which helps keep your feet warm. The main way to figure out the intended use of a pair of gaiters is to figure out whether they’re more waterproof or breathable. Breathable gaiters are for light hiking and running in the summer.

Comfort is very important when you are choosing gaiters, comfort is enhanced by breathability and adjustability. With gaiters being used for long walks, hikes and for rough terrains it is important that they stay comfortable to make movement easy and keep your legs in the best condition.

Do you wear gaiters while hiking? Share your experience in the comments below! More from Where The Road Forks To stay in place, gaiters attach to your legs and footwear in several places. They tighten around your calf or ankle with straps or a drawcord so they don’t sag or fall down. A durable rubber strap fits under the sole of your shoes to prevent the gaiters from riding up. A lace hook holds the gaiters over the top of your shoes. An entry system (usually velcro) allows you to open the gaiters up to put them on and take them off. One of my gaiters laid out flat When Do I Need Gaiters?How far are you hiking?- If you’re thru-hiking the Pacific Crest Trail, you’ll want ultralight gaiters to maximize efficiency. If you’re day hiking, the weight doesn’t matter as much. If you’re wearing rain pants, try wearing your gaiters under them- When you wear gaiters over rain pants, water can run down your legs and leak into them. Wearing them underneath helps to keep your boots dry while your rain pants protect your legs. Never put your well-being in line by venturing into the jungle minus effective protection. A quality pair of snake gaiters will keep you from falling into harm’s way.

Gaiters are not necessary for every hike. They are an optional piece of gear. Having said that, they they do come in handy quite frequently. A few common situations where you may want to wear gaiters include: Looking for snake chaps for my 4-year old grandson because of a previous snake encounter. I had a hard time finding guards for a young child who is also small in size and found these. They fit my grandson perfectly and he loves them! They seems to be well made and will provide good protection. Would recommend this product for small, young children. You should also pay attention to the gaiters feel at the attachment points. You don’t want to feel any rubbing or discomfort on your ankles or legs. The gaiters shouldn’t restrict your movement in any way. It’s important to always try on a new pair of gaiters before setting out on a hike to make sure they are comfortable and fit properly. A Few Gaiter RecommendationsThese gators fit better than any I have owned. I love the sectioned panels that make them fit perfect. They fit snug but still move enough to flex my ankles. The price is right for what you get with these snake guards." A solid choice that might be a little stiff with regard to mobility but pretty heavy on protection. All-round protection from ankle to knee from snake bites as well as other sharp objects like thorns.

Good quality brands of snake gaiters are tested against live snakes to prove their worth. Watch the video above and you’ll have no doubt these things work. When you see someone willing to use their own leg and risk their own safety to show how good gaiters are, you know that’s a good product My gaiters are "Adventure Designs". They are of a general design that was very popular in the late 90's, but which seems to have gone out of style again now, which is a shame, because no gaiter style before or since seems to be as good, in my opinion. Gaiters are not one size fits all. If your gaiters are too small, they won’t provide enough coverage to keep water and debris out. They can also fit too tight which makes them uncomfortable to wear. If your gaiters are too large, they can sag or ride up your leg. They can also flop around and cause you to trip.Most folks associate fit with coziness, not entirely in this case. The model that fits snugly is better at keeping you safe from snakes. Actually, open spaces expose you to deadly fangs. Opt for adjustable models to get a customized fit. No doubt, the brands with secure straps and a contoured design are perfect in this case. III. Layers of protection The new Expedition is 43% lighter than the previous Extreme model – more comfortable for long journeys or working outdoors. When it comes to fit, some snake gaiters are one size fits all while others come in sizes from S-XXL. If you have trouble with poor fitting gaiters, it might be better to go for ones with size options so you can get it just right. Breathability/Water Resistance Gaiters are also sized by shoe size. Most brands lump them into small, medium, and large, according to your shoe size. Waterproofing

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment