276°
Posted 20 hours ago

REDSHIFT ShockStop Suspension Seatpost for Bicycles

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

These seatposts are particularly active or ‘bobby’ in the initial part of their travel, so they tend to be better suited to rougher trails, rather than smoother roads – in my experience. mm is common on older road bikes with drop handlebars. - There are other less common sizes that we do not provide shims for. However, other handlebar shim sizes may be available at your local bike shop. Massive adjustability lets you fine-tune your fit - extension length, armpad fore-aft, armpad width and height ( Extension Riser Kit sold separately) The seatpost offers the ability to switch the head around, offering more fit flexibility. Russell Burton / Our Media Deflection is the total movement that a seatpost will move after an impact. A seatpost with more deflection will reduce the fatigue on your body as it protects you from harder jolts like unexpected potholes or dirt road corrugations. It’ll also allow you to keep pedalling through particularly bumpy terrain.

Suspension seatposts are available with anything from 20 to 90mm of travel. So, how much travel is best for you? Cane Creek’s eeSilk suspension seatpost offers 20mm of elastomer-based vertical compliance and is made from forged and machined aluminum with titanium fastening hardware. This emphasis on premium materials, along with the post’s minimalistic design, means the eeSilk weighs in at less than 300 grams–a comparable weight to many performance alloy seatposts. The Thudbuster ST weighs in at 580g (31.6 version) and is built out of forged aluminum with threaded, hard anodized aluminum axles. Note that the new axles are serviceable, unlike those found in the previous version. This handy PDF from Cane Creek outlines the differences between the two versions of the Thudbuster ST.Ride faster - feeling refreshed from the energy that is normally wasted suspending your body as it is converted into forward motion At half the weight (~300 grams) and half the travel (20mm) of most squishy posts, it performs closer to the best carbon seatposts available.

Aerobars] Should I choose L-Bend or S-Bend extensions?If you don't have any previous experience using aerobars, we typically recommend the L-Bend aerobars because they put your wrists and arms in a more comfortable, ergonomic position. This is usually a better fit for triathletes and long-distance riders. If you're planning on using the aerobars for shorter, higher-intensity efforts like a time-trial, then the S-Bend shape can give you slightly more leverage to put out maximal power. As we just saw in the test, if you’re riding on rougher terrain with larger forces coming from the rear wheel, you will benefit from more suspension travel as it can dampen more vibrations. I’d say most rough roads can be comfortably cycled with just 35mm of travel, but 50mm+ may be required if you’re hitting bumps at a higher speed (on an eBike, for example). Meanwhile, the elastomer Cane Creek eeSilk offers around half as much vibration improvement, however, it’s worth noting that it only has around half the suspension travel (20mm). It’d be interesting to see how a longer-travel elastomer seatpost compares here. You may need to loosen the straps slightly to accommodate the movement that occurs between road and aero positions. If your saddle bag uses rigid clips, clamps, or some other inflexible attachment method, it's possible that your bag may not be compatible.

Search the website

The downsides to this seatpost are that there is no pre-load adjuster, so you might find it springy sometimes, and it’s heavier than most (around 700 grams). It’s great if you have a ‘sporty’ ride position like me, or if you mostly ride smoother roads. Given it only has 20mm of travel, you will have to compromise on the rougher roads, but I still find it offers a significant comfort improvement over a regular post. Plus it doesn’t bounce, it’s light and it’s elegant.

A suspension seatpost is a great comfort upgrade, as it will both absorb bigger hits, as well as dampen vibrations coming up from the road. This essentially means you’ll feel fresher at the end of a long ride. The stated load limit of 110kg is disconcerting for Me as a heavy rider when out of shape. Thudbusters are rated to 150kg rider weight; the by.Schultz – 160kg (if I’m not mistaken). 110kg is vexatiously limiting. If you ride a mix of gravel and tarmac roads, I don’t know if you can do any better than the Cane Creek eeSilk. Lastly, we have air springs, which are sometimes used in telescopic seatposts. The main advantage is that you can adjust the spring stiffness to a higher degree of accuracy. Suspension Seatpost Designs Seatpost] Will my saddle bag fit with the Dual-Position Seatpost?Most standard strap-based saddle bags will fit the dual-position seatpost without issue.

Other options

In addition, linkage posts ensure that the saddle-to-pedal distance is (mostly) maintained when the seatpost is compressed. Telescopic seatposts move in a different plane to bump forces coming up from the rear wheel.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment