276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Too Late: the darkest thriller of the year

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A breath-taking psychological suspense about obsession and dangerous love from TikTok phenomenon and #1 bestselling author ofVerity, Colleen Hoover.

As all good writers realize, she writes what she knows – family, friendship, change, and especially love. Her plots and characters have immense appeal among young women readers, and she sets her characters in modern day situations of friendship, new relationships, first love, and heartbreak. Slammed Too Late was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay darker than I thought it was possible for Hoover to go. I mean, have you seen her? She’s farking adorable. She has an abusive boyfriend, Asa, and she stays with him since he pays the bills for her brother's care. He treats her poorly, he is violent and shows little redeeming qualities. She doesn’t sugarcoat the bad parts and glitter the good ones, the heroes are flawed and the villains are human’ ***** Reader Review

When I read that Too Late would be “different than anything CoHo has ever written before” my reaction was pretty much . . . The main character Sloan was somewhat annoying for me, which kept the book from getting all the stars. She is trying to take care of a special needs brother, going to college and putting up with a butt-holey boyfriend who is a nut job.

Feelings of guilt and remorse have plagued the young Dean, and he searches for a sense of peace in his dilemma with Sky. When they finally reconnect, a greater pain embraced the young man. For the second installment in the series, readers learn more about Holder’s youth, and his search for redemption in the act of saving another. Connecting with Colleen Hoover Add to this an important secret that threatens to keep them apart. Hoover writes with description that captivates her readers and doesn’t let go. In this story it is only through poetry that the truth is in their hearts, and the characters of Layken and Will hope for a future where their love can be a cause for celebration, not regret. Point of Retreat The two are drawn to each other, even when they try to resist, and as secrets are revealed, their bond is intensified. Change in both of them is paramount and both characters hope to heal their emotional scars and live with less boundaries in their young lives. In the companion book Losing Hope, Colleen take the story further, but this time from the perspective of Dean, the troubled youth with secrets to reveal. Here Colleen Hoover has emerged with a new story based on Sky, a high school senior who has her first romantic encounter with Dean Holder, a boy with a reputation and a mysterious past. Writing about dealing with people who have devastating pasts is very current theme for Colleen.

Publication Order of Hopeless Books

Today, it is easier than ever to truly communicate with an author and to get response to comment, praise and even criticisms. This is what fuels self-published independent authors. Instant response from their readership, that can guide their projects, and even their plots, to meet the demands of their readers. Five books in sequence have all led Colleen Hoover to best-selling status in the New York Times. So far, so enjoyable as a romantic thriller. But there is no getting around one issue: many of the passages told from Asa’s point of view are very uncomfortable. The sex scenes involving him are frightening and destabilising – we don’t know what his limits are. He threatens and chokes Sloan, and describes having sex with her, in detail, to another man. It is a long way from erotic.

Invective words were thrown into this story like sugar in cake. I do not have any problems with a bit swearing in books, but this was over the top. The book has trigger warnings for “foul language, graphic sexual scenes, murder, sexual assault, and drug use” – a handy reminder that although it is readable and gripping, as the author herself says, it should absolutely not be on the Young Adult shelves.so there you have it. how am i supposed to positively rate a book that i really quite enjoyed but dont want to be too generous because there is one major flaw that my conscience wont allow me to overlook? its so much better than 3 stars (its at least a 4), but i personally feel way too guilty with giving anything over that. ughhh.

Untangling stories of the past is a recurring theme in Hoover’s writing and she doesn’t disappoint here. By the end of the trilogy, it is apparent that the future rests on how well Layken and Will manage to deal with their pasts, together. Other Books Had me absolutely hooked. I literally did not have a clue what would happen next!’ ***** Reader Review For her fan base, Hoover has also made available a novella for free called Finding Cinderella. How unusual for an author to provide a “thank you “ to their fans for continued support. This is the beauty of internet marketing and social media. Even tough Finding Cinderella is a sequel of sorts, it can stand alone too as its own work. Hopeless

Publication Order of Never Never Books

A psychological suspense novel of obsession and dangerous love. The definitive edition of Too Late from the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Verity .

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment