276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Body

£7.265£14.53Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Body is about 4 friends who decide to go on a weekend "adventure" to find the rumored body of a kid who was hit by a train.

Stephen King’s short story “The Body”—which became the film Stand By Me —from the collection Different Seasons is now an Encore stand-alone CD. The older kids decided not to report it because they didn't want to get in trouble for their own mischief. The Body is definitely more Coming-of-Age than Horror, and the adventure these four boys take on along with their individual family circumstances, blend together into a worthy read/listen.

Chico knows that his stepmother Virginia slept with his brother before he died, but he hesitates to tell his father about it.

Chris decides to prepare for higher education, and with Gordie's support, they both graduate from the University of Maine. King is the recipient of The Sunday Times Award for Literary Excellence 2022, the 2020 Audio Publishers Association Lifetime Achievement Award, the 2018 PEN America Literary Service Award, the 2014 National Medal of Arts, and the 2003 National Book Foundation Medal for Distinguished Contribution to American Letters. From his sophomore year at the University of Maine at Orono, he wrote a weekly column for the school newspaper, THE MAINE CAMPUS. During their journey they experience the full spectrum of human emotion and come out of the journey a little different, a little more mature. I think it was the combination of it being a non-horror Stephen King book and/or because I loved the movie so much.When they were in your head they were limitless, but when they come out they seem to be no bigger than normal things. You always know the truth, because when you cut yourself or someone else with it, there's always a bloody show. We'd all listened to the Ray Brower story - he was a kid our age The small town of Castle Rock is tuning in to the news of a young boy who has gone missing from a nearby town. There's something about his simplistic writing style that captures you and draws you into the worlds he creates that plays better in your head than on the big screen. Because the gang found the body while driving a stolen car, they elected not to report the body to the police.

Most people have probably seen - or at least heard of - the movie Stand By Me; the heartwarming and surprisingly faithful adaptation of Stephen King's short story The Body. At the time of writing about the events in 1960, he has written seven novels about the supernatural. Gordie offers up much development as it relates to his friends, giving the reader a more comprehensive approach to those who populate the story. Can ya believe this was written when he was still a new author, with only two published books to his name? This one at least seemed to mirror some of the lives of the boys so I could kind of understand its inclusion, but the erotica part of it was still pretty unpleasant.

I was reminded a lot of IT- not because anything in the book was all that scary, but just because the boys seemed like they were doing a lot of the same things. Stephen King’s wonderful 1982 novella, which was transformed into the classic 1986 film, Stand By Me, four young boys to come of age over a weekend together. Overall, however, it was a great experience, and I ended up crying over the perfection of Gordie's and Chris' relationship and Chris' character in general. This time around I loved this book the only thing stopping it from being a 5 star read is that its in my opinion too short. The good news is I was able to pull a double-whammy and make the youngest listen too on the way to and from his baseball tournament this weekend.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment